Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished installing my stage 3 kit from alba and took the xx out to the sand to try it out and dial it in. Install took approx 5 hours and I did need a little tech help from alba. They were great to work with and patient with all my questions.
Low end power and responsiveness is definitely improved still working on clutching. Currently I’m sitting at approx 4500 feet in elevation and running 32” cst paddles.
Clutch weights recommended are as follows from heal to toe 1,1,4 washers. I believe I need to reduce weight off the toe and add some to the heal and middle so I don’t flatten out so hard I’m only pulling 8700 rpm wot

Attachments

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I almost bought the same kit but ended up going with the Speedwerx 3r kit and will be testing in the sand tomorrow. Right now on pavement with stock tires it is right at 9300 so figure the sand will pull rpm’s down a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea no worries if anybody has any clutch set up recommendations it be greatly appreciated. I was going to try 1,2,3 see what that does

·
Vendor
182 Posts
With that amount of tire and elevation I would probably just try running the arms near empty. Take the weight off of the heel and middle for sure. Maybe try 2 washers only on the tip, and if that is still not enough then go bare weight.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Thanks for the update, I've been looking at the Alba stage 3 also, it's going to be a spring update for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just did stage 3 alba kit. Awesome! Usually about 1500 to 2000 ft. Still need a little fine tunning on the cam arms not quite getting engagement and max rpm where it needs to be. Took it to the sand last week did great. Dead even out of the hole vs XP turbo lost in mid range then almost got back in top end (2 car legnths) quarter drag on damp sand. Ran three times same result. Should be nuts when I get dialed in. BIG IMPROVEMENT

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was busy driving. Dont have a go pro let me check with a couple friends they may have video. I will post it they have it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back at sea level with the car and she is screaming. Trying to fine tune the clutch and wanted to ask a few questions. Again running 32” tires I’m still not running any weight on the heel and middle. On the toe I went from two washers to 5 washers and the car is hitting 9500 rpm at 65 mph. Now I feel like I could even go more weight on the toe. Does that sound correct? Or should it be slightly progressive May tad ding to the middle? On the quick throttle out of the corner or small rolling windy trail the car will bump 8900 to 9300 rpm as it builds speed. What are your thoughts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts