Wildcat Forum banner

Alternative to oem steering rack?

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  cdawg23 
#1 ·
Has there been any aftermarket release of anything? I know the og X and XX have options.
My stock rack on my 16 sport (more traffic in the trail forum) has a decent amount of up and down play which translates to a lot of dead spot in the steering and feedback. I'm attributing it to the heavier 30's I have on the machine now. Its also running kryptic tie rods and high clearance SATV arms. The machine has the updated rack brace built in. I'm planning to downsize to 28 or 29 lighter tires after this also.

I'm looking to replace it because I may be selling the machine and just looking to button everything up.

#4 ·
Before this I was ready to get rid of the thing. Bumpsteer on 30 inch tensor tires was killing me. Every rock was a fight. Damn near broke my thumbs.

Butt the electronic power steering was a total game changer.

The OEM inner tirods were worn out so a stronger rack was a no brainer.

Now with the 32s I drive with 2 fingers and 4psi makes most rocks disappear.

It's a long way from 25s.

It rides great

#7 ·
Thats the power steering motor. I get the ez steer unit may be stronger than the oem. But my main issue is play in the rack itself. The ez steer doesn't come with a rack and searching for a wicked built rack so far hasn't yielded any results.

Reactions: SuperATV
#9 ·
Bumping this thread, in the same boat and need a beefier rack as I’m on 36’s. Going to instal EPS and heavy duty tie rods but the wicked bilt rack does not appear to be sold anymore. Can’t find that above part number anywhere. Anyone have luck finding out if another machines would be similar enough to cross over?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.