Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another one of those flukes, I hope. Took the new kitty out for a little exercise. This was the first ride. 3 miles into the mission the led shift indicator showed I was in N. This happened right after I backed up. When I shifted to forward all I saw was neutral indicated. In Park reading was E, In high it was E. Everything looked OK so I just put it in high and drove back to the truck.

The guys at CSA jumped right on it, called Arctic Cat, did some testing and replaced the shift indicator module. I'll take it out tomorrow to be sure it's fixed.

Gumball

·
Registered
945 Posts
Let us know how it came out, Gum......
Maybe we should start a thread about issues people encounter and log all of these issues in one central location?!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I would like to see a Problem/Solution Forum filled with threads where the problem is named then all the discussion from the original thread that worked to solve it is culled out and the solution is given. Too often the solutions get lost in forums buried among all the excess stuff that gets piled on.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Thats just what we need, Sin......maybe one of the mods, or 4nines will see this and fix things up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out it was a fluke, apparently a bad sensor of some kind.

The other problem I encountered which is not the only incident, was the tip over switch coming loose, and tipping over. It's just like hitting the kill switch - nothing. According to AC they've had several incidents with these switches. The switch is located in the center console just ahead of the shift lever. To get to it you have to take the console out. They didn't locktite them in and that caused the problem.

Took the kitty car out today, no problems.

Gumball

·
Registered
527 Posts
Not a necessary mod, but the rattling door nets were driving me nuts today. I took out each bolt and fit a 1/4in long piece of 1/4in fuel line on the bolt shank. Problem solved.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Another addition to the Litter Box

I know this has been discussed, but I am tired of searching for it and think the problems we have should be listed in the title so they are easy to find. That's also why I am putting it in the suspension forum.

What was the outcome of the upper control arms being loose and making noise? Was there a verdict on that yet?

Only one of mine is loose, the other is tight. I am wondering if it's just the way they welded the brackets to the frame that makes them loose or if it's by design. I was thinking of putting a washer or something to fill the gap.

Thoughts????

·
Registered
304 Posts
I meant to get to this last night and got totally sidetracked. Which would you prefer a solutions forum or a sticky thread? The forum sounds better to me. Let me know I will get it later this afternoon. Dog

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well I thought that I could do this but it is not within my powers. I have submitted a request to have this happen. I will let you no as soon as I do.

Dog

·
Registered
945 Posts
For me, Dog.....a sticky would do it......peep's can post the problem and the solution.....my 2 cents.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts