1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Yeah, I just don't have $300K sitting around at the moment!

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
They nailed it with the name FUNCO :)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Couple dumb questions...

What are the 3 shift levers for in middle? I assume trans shift is 1 .. what's the other 2 for? @2:40 in video.

Do those air bag suspension setups limit the travel? Why use those over springs?

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Couple dumb questions...

What are the 3 shift levers for in middle? I assume trans shift is 1 .. what's the other 2 for? @2:40 in video.

Do those air bag suspension setups limit the travel? Why use those over springs?

Thanks
One's the turning brake, not sure on the other. Possibly set up with low and high gears? Not sure.

Funcos are the only sand rails that use airbags. It doesn't limit their suspension travel. Funcos are the "best dunning" car there is. They aren't the fastest, or the most horsepower, Tatum usually is along with Racer, but they come close. Anybody that has dunned in a Funco will tell you there is no other ride like it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Couple dumb questions...

Thanks
Some people prefer two steering brake levers, one for left wheel and one for right wheel. A single steering brake pushes forward to lock the right wheel and pulls back for the left wheel.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Anybody that has dunned in a Funco will tell you there is no other ride like it.
Ive had two Funcos, a two seater and a Big 5 and Hollywood is correct. The air bags control the rebound much better than a spring. It softens the reaction.

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Ive had two Funcos, a two seater and a Big 5 and Hollywood is correct. The air bags control the rebound much better than a spring. It softens the reaction.
So let me get this straight? You had 2 Funcos, and 1 Alumicraft and you ended up buying a Wildcat? What the Hell is wrong with you?

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
So let me get this straight? You had 2 Funcos, and 1 Alumicraft and you ended up buying a Wildcat? What the Hell is wrong with you?
A serious reversal on the learning curve :confused:

·
Registered
401 Posts
It’s better than that, I bought 2 Wildcats!

And don’t forget, my first rail was a mid-engine Hi Jumper.....

7D8A6C40-D50D-4EA2-983D-EE4EB6153615.jpeg

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
...those sandrails are crazy awesome ! some spend 300grand on a ferrari - id rather would take a sandrail or baja truck evryday...;-)

--talkin bout dreamin....

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Forward locks left, and back locks right, no?
It’s really driver preference I always set mine up opposite of what you stated as it seemed more natural for me.

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looking at October 15/16 right now we will see how the weather fits. I schedule according to the fixed income almanac now.....

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Looking at October 15/16 right now we will see how the weather fits. I schedule according to the fixed income almanac now.....
Would you stop with the fixed income. It will feel weird not seeing you in October!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts