Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Went for a three hour ride today, sharp raspy sound is gone. I didn't notice any cab heat but it was a cool day. I'm not sure there's more acceleration but the throttle is noticeably more responsive.

Reactions: Sak kitty and Td84

·
Registered
2016 wildcat sport xt
85 Posts
More responsive, no heat noticed, and better sound = perfect add on for low $. Not alot of those out there we gotta take advantage of the cheap mods when we can. Great to hear it worked out for you vindex

·
Registered
16 Wildcat Sport Limited
5 Posts
This is one Ducati muffler off a Streetfighter. With a cat and arrestor it is Ca street or off road legal. Really light and cold compared to stock. I used the shield off the old muffler to make the lower heat shield and cut the rear mount off the stock muffler. I welded the flange from the stock one and I'm really happy with it. I did this after the standard overheated Elka shock that starts leaking oil. Ever Ducati shop has a giant pile of old factory mufflers and I got this one from the service department with a clamp for $50.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have already gutted mine but I have been noticing a incredible annoying rattle from te exhauast afterwards. Cut the muffler open this weekend and pulled out the packing, also cut away the pipe that held the cat before it was removed. Got a friend to weld it all together and went for a ride. The idle sound is very nice but it’s noticeably louder when going hard om the throttle. I think I’m going to open it again, put on the screen and new packing.
The rattling sound came from the outlet tube touching the pipe that connects with the exhaust tip

21 - 24 of 24 Posts