Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I will be attending the AC Media intro for the Wildcat. (soon)
Tell me what you want to know about the Wildcat and I will make sure we get the answers.
Try to be specific and I will get concrete answers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think most importand next to horsepower is when are they hitting the dealers?
There are some rumors floating around about minimum depostis, minimum orders etc... Are there any requirements put on the dealers to get one? Does a dealer have to be a "top seller" type of thing? I guess which dealers will be getting them?

·
Registered
285 Posts
$900 accessories would be out of the Can-Am playbook. That was a disaster. I recall some said it was all greedy dealer driven. We'll see if that's true. If so I don't think the economy is strong enough for that plan to work beyond the initial bleeding edge types that will order without care for cost.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ya know.. if that IS true then that is MF'n BS! I'm not so sure I want to deal with a company who does that to their customers... I'll wait and see for now but I won't hesitate to take my deposit back.
I don't know, maybe AC should stick to building snowmobiles!
Maybe this is one of the reasons why Polaris is kickin' their ass in the off road market... well in all markets actually... especially the stock market.

·
Registered
33 Posts
-Horsepower?
-Will a 12" wheel fit on the rear?
-Will Arctic Cat be offering paddles as an accessory? How about 4-point harnesses?
-What is that little green link on the trailing arm inboard and in front of the rear schock? Know what I'm talking about?
-I noticed the cage has those tube adapters instead of a solid bent tube... is there a reason/function for that or was it just for manufacturing?
-Are there/will there be plug and play type light kits or lighted whip kits or any other electrical options? My point is... if there are elctrical accessories will the ybe plug and play?
-Has there been any direct comparison/testing against the Polaris XP 900? If so, what comparisons/testing and what were the outcomes?

I'm sure I'll come up with more.

·
Registered
945 Posts
So far, all the testing, that we have seen pictures of, is in the sand. I have no question in my mind that this machine was designed for just that. Has there been any testing anywhere else?

How well protected will driver and passenger be in wet riding conditions? I know that the RZR S was very poorly designed for wet trail, mud, riding. Driver and passenger would be covered in mud, also the rear cargo area, in wet, muddy conditions.

"The Dunes" verses "The Woods" are 2 way different styles of riding. Knowing that the Wildcat is targeted toward the Dunner guys,
will an individual such as myself be happy with the purchase of a Wildcat for trail riding in the woods? CanAm's machine has proven to not be the machine everyone thought it would be, when put through it's paces in the woods. Poor 4 wheel drive design and the drive by wire has proven to be 3rd rate at best. (Not slamming any MFG here, just stating facts.)

I am a Moderator on our clubs forum, that has over 1000 members, that represents just about every MFG of Side X Sides made, so we have had first hand experience watching performance, reliability, stability, comfort, ect. Wheel bearings and "A" arm bushings seem to be a "throw away" item on the RZR.
What has Cat done differently in these areas? With the Wildcat having the greatest amount of wheel travel I would think that this maybe a problem area.

Polaris had major issues with dirt ingestion in the intake....
.has Cat addressed this problem and if so, what were their answer for a fix?

On my '06 Prowler....the placement of the belt drive intake is located in the worst possible location, when riding in very dusty conditions. Actually found 1 to 1.5" of very fine dirt at the bottom of the cover, roller weights where all stuck as a result. What has been done to alleviate this issue? I actually spent time on a conference call with AC engineers about filtering this area, which I did myself and reduced the dust intake by at least 95% and no issues with over heating the belt.

Will see if can come up with more later.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Foxfire can you elaborate on the dirt accumulation on the belt drive intake please? How will I know if they changed it vs Prowler?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Fox Fire They Where Testing At Round Lake Trails 2 3 Weeks Ago in Mn:cool:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ask if they improved the cases and reliability of the 1000 trans. What diffs. are they using? Prowler? Will it be quiter than the prowler? They were noisey with rattles and vibrations.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Foxfire can you elaborate on the dirt accumulation on the belt drive intake please? How will I know if they changed it vs Prowler?

Prowler's location is between the cab and the box....super bad vortex in that area. The intake for the belt drive and the engine is delivered through a manifold that is molded together. I split the manifold, eliminating the belt drive intake port and with some tubing, brackets and a Uni Filter cleaned up the ingestion of the fine dirt. The filter needs to be cleaned after every "Dusty" ride. Also, the Uni is not oiled.....would be to restrictive. This was done on my '06 Prowler.

Guess we will have to wait for better pic's of the Wildcat, or to see one in person, to see where the belt drive intake is located, RedMan. So far I do not know how they plumbed the belt drive.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Fox Fire They Where Testing At Round Lake Trails 2 3 Weeks Ago in Mn:cool:

Excellent, Full of Mud.....glad to hear this. I figured that they would do some testing in their own back yard, so to speak!
Sure would like to know how the Cat did on the Minnesota trails!

·
Registered
285 Posts
They're marching to their own beat. Some release info at 12:01am the day of. Maybe there's a news conference planned? If so, it wouldn't been good to know in advance. As far as I know the Sept 26th info release is a rumor. Pretty sad PR/marketing.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts