Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this will be a hard one to post in but I thought I would ask anyhow. Has there been any breakage of any of the test machines that anyone has heard of or seen? Any broken axles? Over heating? Leaks? Flat tires or broken rims?
Use this thread to keep track of anything that does happen during the Demo Tour.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this will be a hard one to post in but I thought I would ask anyhow. Has there been any breakage of any of the test machines that anyone has heard of or seen? Any broken axles? Over heating? Leaks? Flat tires or broken rims?Use this thread to keep track of anything that does happen during the Demo Tour.Thanks[/QUOT Well I did ask the rep if they have any problems he says nothing really no flats bent rods just they have to move some wiring cause its rubbing somewhere thats why the demo rides are just pre production units they have got everything in order to fix these things.

·
Registered
195 Posts
demo breakage

Went to Barstow demo, could not believe how hard they let me drive this thing. Performed awesome in large whoops, seemed a little down on low end power, only problem I could comment on is at least two units had stitching on seats that had pulled loose.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Did you notice any coolant coming out of the overflow?
Seems they do not have any type of catch can on the pre-production demo units????? It is NOT a sign of overheating it is completely normal for coolant to expand and without a place for the expansion to go it will "spill over" and then be called puking or overflow instead of normal. At any rate ALL engines in EVERYTHING behave this way and they are somewhat creating a hysteria for themselves by not having an reservoir on them yet.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I was at Barstow too and the Tech guy I talked to said there was a few flat tires and a couple rollovers on the media days but no real damage. Someone backed into a rock or something and bent one of the link arms in the rear but they said it looked like a hard hit. One of the display models had a crease in the silencer where it looked like the upper link arm hit it. Not sure if that was the same one that had a bent arm, but none of the other ones had that mark. A couple oil coolers were leaking and one of them had front diff fluid on the frame, but it looked like it was just loose fittings. I didn't notice any coolant leaks.

The tech guy mentioned the seat stitching and said that was already on the list to be fixed for production.

·
Registered
945 Posts
In the factory video, it shows them making and sewing their own interior components, so I would think the sticking problem will be an easy fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts