Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ask your questions, Lord knows I have spent enough time wrenching on one....
ok thanks
1) what belt do you use ? I have been using the Carlisle Ultimax XS811..........got issues with delamination
2) what belt deflection setting do you use ?
3) how long (miles) do you get out of the belts
4) what hp are you running ? I have stage 2 ECU - 225hp
5) what clutches ? I have the STM Rage 8 drive and Tuner driven as set up by PACE
6) do you think it is important to break-in a NEW belt ? if so for how long ?
7) on the Drive clutch do u run weights on the rockers ? if so what weight ?

thats about if for now, thanks

·
Registered
920 Posts
I haven't had any belt issues with mine. Of course I'm not racing mine either and 99.9% of my riding is in the dunes. I have almost 1400 miles on mine and have never broke a belt. I have the adjustable ecm in mine, and typically I run it on the low setting 14 psi and about 180hp. My Pace car was a mid 2014 build, so only a couple of months after yours. I really haven't had any issues with mine. I did send it back to Pace last year and they went thru everything for me. I believe they replaced the belt. I have the STM Rage 8 unit like yours and I haven't touched it. The only thing I do to mine is I adjust the secondary and keep the belt super tight. When I put it in gear, I have to keep the brakes on or the car will roll. Rodger told me that was very important for belt life and I haven't blown one yet. I have the clutch cover, but I've never used it. I will have to look at my belt when I get home tonight to tell exactly which belt I'm using. Its whatever Pace put on. I do occasionally run higher boost and use the launch control when I'm drag racing somebody. I always use VP110 in mine. I do have to change my spark plugs very frequently. I get maybe 400 miles out of them and I gap them at .018-.020.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't had any belt issues with mine. Of course I'm not racing mine either and 99.9% of my riding is in the dunes. I have almost 1400 miles on mine and have never broke a belt. I have the adjustable ecm in mine, and typically I run it on the low setting 14 psi and about 180hp. My Pace car was a mid 2014 build, so only a couple of months after yours. I really haven't had any issues with mine. I did send it back to Pace last year and they went thru everything for me. I believe they replaced the belt. I have the STM Rage 8 unit like yours and I haven't touched it. The only thing I do to mine is I adjust the secondary and keep the belt super tight. When I put it in gear, I have to keep the brakes on or the car will roll. Rodger told me that was very important for belt life and I haven't blown one yet. I have the clutch cover, but I've never used it. I will have to look at my belt when I get home tonight to tell exactly which belt I'm using. Its whatever Pace put on. I do occasionally run higher boost and use the launch control when I'm drag racing somebody. I always use VP110 in mine. I do have to change my spark plugs very frequently. I get maybe 400 miles out of them and I gap them at .018-.020.
Keen to hear what deflection measurement you are using for the belt tension ? how high on the driven clutch is the belt sitting ?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Keen to hear what deflection measurement you are using for the belt tension ? how high on the driven clutch is the belt sitting ?
I'm no expert. Its all by feel, lol. I run the belt where it sticks just above the secondary. If I have an issue getting it to shift out of park and into gear and it rolls too fast, then I have it too tight. If I can put it in gear smoothly and the car just barely rolls, then I have it perfect. If the car stops rolling when it is in gear, then I know I need to tighten the belt back up. Never blown a belt yet!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Belt. Can't remember what one I used, but as far as tightness, you should be able to pinch them togther but it should not be easy to do. I had the stm clutches, they should be serviced at LEAST once every two years. (send to STM and they will make them like new).

Not sure on the weights in the flys, STM set it up for me.

I ran it in the 225 (middle mode) on 95 octain all the time.

I broke one belt, I do think you should break in the belt, just run it at variable rpm and heat cycle it a couple of times, and that should be good.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm no expert. Its all by feel, lol. I run the belt where it sticks just above the secondary. If I have an issue getting it to shift out of park and into gear and it rolls too fast, then I have it too tight. If I can put it in gear smoothly and the car just barely rolls, then I have it perfect. If the car stops rolling when it is in gear, then I know I need to tighten the belt back up. Never blown a belt yet!
Hi would you be able to post a photo showing me the position where your belt is siting on the secondary/driven clutch, that would be awesome if you could. I would like to see how high it sits in the sheaves. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts