Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wonder if TMW or Utv Inc is going to make a 4 seater like the XP4. i am soo close to buying an XP4 but maybe i should buy an AC and chop it up and add more seats. i have a bad habbit of over customizing my toys and want the best of both worlds, suspension-motor-4 seats.

·
Vendor
3,042 Posts
Mike.. a 4 seat AC would be fricken awesome! We dont have one in the works yet.. no one can even get their units yet, so no plans to do it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
At the Barstow test ride event the "reps" spoke of announcements in February and March. I asked about a 4 seated and h said he couldn't say but that's where there is a larg market.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I've heard from my dealer that the rumor is AC will release the WC in a 4 seater this spring

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh yeah! i better wait then, i already have missed half of the dune season and can wait for a 4 seat version. wow long wheel base and a badass uspension out of the box would be perfect.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mike --

You mentioned the engine ......... And you do like to "Tweak" things a bit ........

Artic Cat has played a dirty trick on us in regards to the engine - As it is impossible to do an engine conversion.

The engine shares the same case as the transmission and transfercase.

Not so if one consideres the XP or XP-4 though ........ :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very nice. Are you buying your new wildcat there in Havasu?
I've also a home in Oregon. I would have purchased there as there is no Sales Tax.

Unfortunately ....... I don't believe I'll be purchasing a Wildcat after discovering yesterday what Artic Cat has done in regards to designing the rear drive system.

I am looking for another project - And I believe the Wildcat offers the best platform ......... But they are holding everyone hostage who wants to do a sled engine conversion.

Oh Well ......... :(

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Mike --

You mentioned the engine ......... And you do like to "Tweak" things a bit ........

Artic Cat has played a dirty trick on us in regards to the engine - As it is impossible to do an engine conversion.

Didn't they use a 3 cylinder engine for testing that should fit in, sounds like an egine swap to me shrug. Was out of a snow mobile wasn't it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Didn't they use a 3 cylinder engine for testing that should fit in, sounds like an egine swap to me shrug. Was out of a snow mobile wasn't it?
That would have been impossible.

As I mentioned -- The Engine - Transmission and Transfercase are all housed in ONE single case - Thus making it impossible for any engine swap.

To better illustrate this point -- Here is a pic ...... Although this drivetrain is not in the Wildcat .. .. Butt -- Same issue .. ..

400587419.jpg

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
That would have been impossible.

As I mentioned -- The Engine - Transmission and Transfercase are all housed in ONE single case - Thus making it impossible for any engine swap.

To better illustrate this point -- Here is a pic ...... Although this drivetrain is not in the Wildcat .. .. Butt -- Same issue .. ..

View attachment 934
Impossible????? Thats funny. So what happens if someone installs a new engine, transmission, and transfer case????

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Ask Adam at AIRDAM clutches. He posted a lot of info about prototypes running around with snowmobile engines on the Hi Lifter forums. I believe one of them was a 3 cylinder. Besides, why would you want to think about an engine change yet? Nobody has seen what this thing is capabale of yet. :pat:Turbo's, superchargers, stroker kit, tuning etc.... This thing could be real animal given some time and development. I'd buy it and build with what I had. If not, anything can be stuffed into any frame. Just takes a big hammer,a torch and a welder.:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I heard AC did test a proto type with a 170 hp sled motor and really liked how it worked but it was wicked fast.

I really hope AC comes out with 4 seater. Having two children that love to ride it's a must. It would be a really nice upgrade from the 2006 650 with a 4 seat conversion. Lets hope spring time they do come out with one along with more HP's

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mike --

Impossible????? Thats funny. So what happens if someone installs a new engine, transmission, and transfer case????

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is only impossible for Dave. LOL
Write a big check and it can be done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts