Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*UPDATE: I mistakenly typed V1, when I meant to type Z1 - sorry for the confusion*

First, thanks to all for the informative discussions on this board!

I've really learned a lot from this forum (once I filtered through the banter :swordfight:) and it looks like I got the boss's go-ahead to swap out my RZR-S for a new WC in the next few months.

Now on to the topic at hand...

With all the wet clutch issues/discussion, has anyone else thought they might just replace the stock power plant with a Z1 setup once they're out of warranty?

If so, what's your plan to do it, and what are your concerns in being able to pull it off?

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
I can't find any imformation on that engine

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Its a snowmobile turbo engine 160 hp.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Z1 is 124 horses naturally aspirated and 177 horses turbocharged from the factory. Simple ECU tune it goes 200-230-260 horses even 300-320 horses.

Its a bad ass engine. I wish Arctic Cat would have put even a detuned Z1 with a new tranny in the Wildcat, that would have been the way to go.

:cool:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hokay just fer shits and grins how much $ for a Z1 Complete. I have no idea what it looks like but will it just bolt-up to the rear axle? I am ass-u-me ing Z1 is a complete power train package Engine+trans?

·
Registered
186 Posts
most engine swaps like this for the RZR run about $10K to $20k from shops that do the complete turn key install.
with the Wildcat you also need a new transmission and rear diff to make it work.

I have a MCX Apex RZR. If you wanted a Apex Wildcat I am sure they could build you one. Just write a big check!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Around $6k gets you an entire used turbo sled, then you would likely need XP tranny and probably front diff and custom axles. Maybe $10k whole thing?

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
I beleive that is a little much

·
Registered
158 Posts
To clear up the point of doing an engine swap on the Wildcat -- It is impossible. The engine is married to the drivetrain.

The video's posted of the various engine swaps on the RzR's -- -- This is possible as the engine is divorced from the drivetrain.

Now - One can re-power the Wildcat. Simply remove the rear drivetrain including the rear end and install for an example -- The drivetrain from the XP. The engine is optional as it is divorced and leaves the door open for various other engine swaps. Such as the Weber - Z1 or APEX - Or even a Queen prepped 300 HP XP engine.

Also by doing so -- One eliminates all 3 of AC's inferior clutches and addresses the HP issue -- Or lack thereof.

My only question is -- Which shop will be the 1st of offer such a swap ...... I'm Waiting .. ..

:)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts