Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alaska finally has some machines on hand....I sat in I believe it was #193 today. Long story short, I have to really reach to get to the pedals. I am 5"9" and just felt like things were a long way out there. My 16 yo daughter has no chance at the pedals and shes about 5' 5" and can only reach them by sloching in the seat which could be a setup for a back injury or to sit where she's forward of the seat back.

So is anyone building a slide system for the seat or have an idea how to move them forward about 2 to 4 inches? Dealer was not real impressed with me pulling his new machine apart, but I wanted to see everything. At least now I have a better idea of what you guys are talking about.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
The way everybody is talking it would not be good to let your 16 yr.old drive it. It handle different than other utv. Way to fast and brake are not that good. It so smooth you don't no how fast you are going til it is to late.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
i think johnny at utv is 5'9" he was ok with it. you give him a call and he will come up with something to work

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Wildcat it would not be a good idea to let someone with very little driving experience drive the cat. There is a reason Red crashed his and I had a few close calls with mine already. It just sneaks up how fast you are going and to a young driver they wouldn't realize it my .02.

My wife at 5'3 has no chance to drive it. Someone at the demo had mentioned something he used for his wife on his Rzr I just can't remember what he said. Something like a hard foam back support moved them out 2" or so.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sounds to me like the seat adjustment option is a must.....one position seating is just no good, to many variables.
On my Powler, you could loosen the 4 screws that hold the seat to the base and slide the seat forward or backward, like maybe 3" total....is this an option on the WC?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'll take a pic for ya Fox when I put her back together.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm still laughing about that. My wife got a kick out of it too. Thank you sir!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm working on finding an aftermarket seat slider. Looking at the demo, I think the seats are interchangable so I can set one up with a seat slider and just exchange seats. Still waiting on my cat to see if this will work. I'll let you Know.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Looking at the width of the "spars" I would guess there are a couple inches to be had by simply drilling a set of holes in the seat mount. Not adjustable, but free.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'm pretty much with Jack here, it's a dangerous machine for young and/or inexperience drivers. There is a reason Yamaha got sued to death when the Rhino first released. This machine is 100X more dangerous than any rhino. I have seen bad things, XPs and Wildcats are too fast to let other people drive, especially younger drivers. Just my .02

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm pretty much with Jack here, it's a dangerous machine for young and/or inexperience drivers. There is a reason Yamaha got sued to death when the Rhino first released. This machine is 100X more dangerous than any rhino. I have seen bad things, XPs and Wildcats are too fast to let other people drive, especially younger drivers. Just my .02
The XP and Wildcat are certainly not kid toys. With power comes great responsibility.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I really hope owners take this seriously, the cat sneaks up on you and the suspension makes it seem like you are going 20mph slower. The lower revving engine vs an xp is very deceptive. I just don't want anyone getting hurt or breaking a new toy if it can be helped.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts