Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going through all the engineer videos I am curious about the air intake that is between the seats.

Is there or can there be a prefilter installed?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Baditude,
I am going to the dunes to day for the Demo tomorrow. I will take some pictures of the area between the seats if I can. I will have my laptop with me so if you can discribe what your wanting a little better I will try and get that picture for you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is between the seats up high. The air flow follows the tunnel from the front, between the seats and up to the intake hole up high

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done this to both my prior and current rzr to solve the dust ingestion issue, was wondering if there was a prefilter or a spot to insert a prefilter. Cleaner air to your air filter is always good as long as it does not restrict air flow. Can't seem to get the edit post to work right

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It is between the seats up high. The air flow follows the tunnel from the front, between the seats and up to the intake hole up high
Its Not up High The tunnel Is Just That a Tunnel & The Intake was In The Arm Rest With My Best Guest Is May Be 18 " To 20"
If They Where In The Rad Area The Be Much Higher Maybe 30" To 36"

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Baditude,
I am going to the dunes to day for the Demo tomorrow. I will take some pictures of the area between the seats if I can. I will have my laptop with me so if you can discribe what your wanting a little better I will try and get that picture for you.
appreciate whatever you can do - wish there was another demo ride close but Windrock last weekend was it for the year

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I do not think you are correct on this FOM but we will see. There is no way they put the intake of this thing lower than the tire height. I think you will find the ducts terminating up high between the seats under that top panel.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I do not think you are correct on this FOM but we will see. There is no way they put the intake of this thing lower than the tire height. I think you will find the ducts terminating up high between the seats under that top panel.
Yup I Hope Your Right
One Thing I Think We Should Look At Here
1 How Many Dif Set Up Of The Wildcat Are There For Demo ?
There Could Be Dif One Changing From 1 Demo Ride To The Next
The Ones That Where In Mn Oct 15th The Intake Was At Where I Stated
Im A Mudder The cvt Exit Was Only About 15 " High Which Is No Good
I Will Be Moving Mine Up Behind The Seat
To Be Honest It Will Be Simple Thing To Do

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Yup I Hope Your Right
One Thing I Think We Should Look At Here
1 How Many Dif Set Up Of The Wildcat Are There For Demo ?
There Could Be Dif One Changing From 1 Demo Ride To The Next
The Ones That Where In Mn Oct 15th The Intake Was At Where I Stated
Im A Mudder The cvt Exit Was Only About 15 " High Which Is No Good
I Will Be Moving Mine Up Behind The Seat
To Be Honest It Will Be Simple Thing To Do
I am not exactly a mudder but here in the south it is nearly impossible not to come across a hole that you have to cross and 15" high won't work at all that would be the end of your journey LOL!!!!

It is pretty standard issue to have the intake up as high as you can get it on any 4-wheeler or SxS.

·
Registered
791 Posts
OK looking at the way they have the intakes setup I think Full of Mud kind of has it right but I will ask some more questions when I go back at 1PM. The intakes are going into metal box that "LOOKS" like it is right behind the area between the seats. Now I don't know if it is sealed so that it only draws air from the top or what. The pictures I took didn't turn out that good but I'll post what I got.

You can see the clutch air intake going to the center. I will try to get a better picture of the metal box that the intakes connect to.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ok I took some more pictures and they are downloading onto Photobucket right now. Once they load I'll post them up. I asked and was told that the water fording depth is 20-25". The intake is between the seats and with out taking one apart I am not sure how to show how it is setup. AC says that it is sealed and won't leak. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
791 Posts
TX,
The guy I was talking with didn't seem to be totally up on it so that was his "GUESS".
Here is a picture of the intake tube going into the metal "BOX" but it really doesn't look that good.

It really isn't that great of a picture and I am sorry. There really isn't an angle to to show this box that the intakes connect to.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thanks Wildman
They Do Have It Stuff Up There

1 - 15 of 15 Posts