Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding the kitty last night and went down through a little ditch at about 5mph and I heard a snap and pop, and this is what happened?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Looks like you simply broke the threaded stub off of the axle. Happened to me after I didn't have a proper torque wrench for the axle nut and went a little bit crazy with a breaker bar.

Either the nut was over torqued or the axle itself had a weak spot in it.

Did you ever take the nut off?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only have a little over 200 miles on her never touched it, shouldn't have a problem with the warranty right? I still got like 5 months of the factory warranty left.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not noticeable

·
Administrator
28,002 Posts
Only have a little over 200 miles on her never touched it, shouldn't have a problem with the warranty right? I still got like 5 months of the factory warranty left.
You're right, your warranty should cover you. Take it back to your dealer. Tell them what happened. Good luck, let us know what happens.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Hollywood thanks comforting news! Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope so with the holiday weekend coming up I got big plans!

·
Administrator
28,002 Posts
Yeah, more members need to take advantage of their warranties. It's almost like they don't want to go back to their dealer. If I had a problem, I'd be going back, that's for sure.

·
Administrator
28,002 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Plan to after work!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I couldn't agree more, a warranty is there for a reason your paying for it one way or the other, so you might as well get what you can out of it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That new member Strack-1 was riding with me when this happened last night luckily, I had to get a tow from the little brother trail.

·
Administrator
28,002 Posts
Thats too bad. Its crap like this that make me have second thoughts about going out to ride. All I need is be 10 miles on a trail with wife and kids and this happen.
Understandable, but you shouldn't let anything limit you. You can't think like that, and the first unspoken rule of SXSs, never ride alone, always have a buddy or someone with something, a quad even. That way, you can get help, if you need it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's the only thing that saved me Hollywood was my buddy with me. Otherwise I'd still be sitting in the woods scratching my head drinking beer!

·
Administrator
28,002 Posts
That's the only thing that saved me Hollywood was my buddy with me. Otherwise I'd still be sitting in the woods scratching my head drinking beer!
Like I said, always try to ride with someone. Forget about breaking down, what if you get hurt?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exactly I could care less about a breakdown, it's gonna happen eventually if you ride your machine, but if you get hurt you better have someone with you, that could be the matter of life or death..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts