Wildcat Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'll try that this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
20 bucks says the next post is about broken pins on the gauge:eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, I tried. Disconnected the battery and ecm for several hours again and packed all the connectors full of dialectic grease. All the pins looked good. A new speedo gauge from the dealer will run $325 and they can't set it to match current hours/miles, so it would start over at 0 hours/miles. Dealer suggested taking gauge apart and checking the two buttons at the bottom for corrosion. With my luck if I did get it out and apart it might not work at all then. I guess I'll try to sell/trade as is. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions from everyone that responded.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Pace probably has a takeout gauge you could get cheaper than new

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
So if your wrong you gonna mail me the twenty? You'll have to take my word on it.:biggrin:
My 20 bucks canadian is worth about 2 american these days. I can send you a toonie but good luck spending it.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Well, I tried. Disconnected the battery and ecm for several hours again and packed all the connectors full of dialectic grease. All the pins looked good. A new speedo gauge from the dealer will run $325 and they can't set it to match current hours/miles, so it would start over at 0 hours/miles. Dealer suggested taking gauge apart and checking the two buttons at the bottom for corrosion. With my luck if I did get it out and apart it might not work at all then. I guess I'll try to sell/trade as is. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions from everyone that responded.
So for 325 bucks i can have a low mileage cat when i go to sell it. Not a bad deal:eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unplug gauge see if water got into the plug... That's where I would start at...
I've read a lot about gauge issues and UO155 errors on here, b/c I'm having the same issues and everyone says to check the gauge plug, but I cant find any info on the net about how to do this procedure.
Is there a way to remove the gauge from the front? or do I have to start removing my bumper/plastics and get under the hood, to the back of the gauge?

Thanks for the help before I start removing everything.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I've read a lot about gauge issues and UO155 errors on here, b/c I'm having the same issues and everyone says to check the gauge plug, but I cant find any info on the net about how to do this procedure.
Is there a way to remove the gauge from the front? or do I have to start removing my bumper/plastics and get under the hood, to the back of the gauge?

Thanks for the help before I start removing everything.
Can’t remember for sure but I think the gauge is pushed into a rubber surround from the front on the trails/sports.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can’t remember for sure but I think the gauge is pushed into a rubber surround from the front on the trails/sports.
well I have a 2015 X 😩, but I'll try prying at it with some plastic tools and see what happens.
Otherwise I've only come across people accessing the gauge from under the hood or while removing the dashboard.
will report back my findings for others.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So what I ended up finding out is, that you can only remove the black bezel that goes around the edge of the center gauge from the front. Which gives you access to remove the two rubber buttons and it looks like I could remove the clear plastic lens of the gauge also, but I didnt need to go that deep into the front so I stopped there.

The easiest way I found to reach the back of the gauge and the plug is if you have really long arms, you can reach in from under the passenger front fender and unclip the plug, but you wont be able to get in there with two hands to really clean it out b/c the plug is part of a very thick wire harness which is connected to many other plugs behind the dash, such as the headlights and key/ignition so you cant move the plug very far once its out.

So what I did was remove the front bumper, and hood (which required me to remove the driver side fender, to get to the last bolt up near the steering wheel) and then I was finally able to lean over the front of the sxs and get both arms past the oil cooler to the back of the gauge, in order to clean it out.

unfortunately it didnt fix my problem :cry: so now I'm in the process of removing all of the plastics behind the seats to get to the ground wire off the battery to check that.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts