Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in August I walked into a local Arctic Cat dealer and plucked down $500 for a deposit on a WildCat. Subsequent to that event the dealer emailed me with the OTD price and made sure that black was the color I wanted, etc,etc. On Jan. 5th he sent me an email saying he wasn't set up as a WC dealer so he was returning my deposit. ( which I still haven't received). Asshole!!! Then I called a dealer in SoCal that I had just arranged the purchase of 3 Rzr4's for friends in Mexico. He said he had one coming but it would be $750 over msrp. Thanks for nothing. With that ugly news in hand I headed to my house in Baja pissed off. I called The Donkey a few times and started to get some pricing on shipping one from Oklahoma to Cali.

Life has a funny way of working out some of the time. I race class 8 in Score and have been pricing Trophy Trucks from about 6 builders for the past year. Trouble for me was raising the money to get one started. Then Camburg, who I had a quote on a TT from, called me and said they had a line on a good used TT with low hours. I went to their shop yesterday and with the help of the $20K I had stashed for the WC, and obviously some more money, bought it. Although I'm still pissed at both those dealers, and especially the first one, I feel like a kid at Christmas right now!

I'll still be looking to buy a WC sometime in the future though. Hopefully they'll up the hp soon. I do a lot of backcountry riding in the Baja and was planning a 30 day/5000 mile trip in March, but that will have to wait now. Got to get ready for the Baja 1000 now!!;)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
A TT, huh?

That's one hell of a step up! LOL Enjoy your new toy, and post up some closeup pics, I can stare at beautiful TIG welds almost as long as boobs!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck in the race! Enjoy your new badass toy. How about some pics Bob??
I couldn't get any photos because the truck was wedged between racks and other cars in a warehouse but it was recently in a commercial that's on Youtube. Yokohama duck duck goose

I'll be picking it up the 2nd week of Feb. and taking it down to Baja and putting it through its paces then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts