Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arctic Cat has issued a bulletin regarding replacement of the clamps included with the 1/2 or Full windshield.

DATE: March 5, 2012
TITLE: Accessory Full and Half Windshield Clamps
This Letter Applies to:
YEAR: 2012
MODEL: Wildcat
ENGINE: 1000 cc

Issue:
Windshield C-Clamps (p/n 0541-021) which are included in the Full Windshield
Kit (p/n 1436-734) or Half Windshield Kit (p/n 1436-740) may crack
and break while installing or operating the vehicle.

Resolution:
Please contact customers that have purchased either windshield kit and
inform them that Arctic Cat will send replacement clamps to your dealerships
at no charge the week of March 19. We apologize for any inconvenience this
may have caused.

If you have these kits in stock please replace the original clamps with the new
clamps coming to your dealership. Please discard original clamps.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
thats nice, I can't even get a 1/2 windshield yet and they already have a recall on them

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to pick up my cat last week and there were only two of the clamps that were not broke. I just got the new clamps in today, and put the windshield in going to see how the new clamps work tomorrow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Gang,I have about 300 miles on my wc. Here is my feedback. Machine is awesome and no worries about its performance and reliability for the most part. I get why AC chose the duro tires, light tires are cheap and help performance. However they are horrible. I and two other friends all got our cats at the same time and already have had two sidewall punctures. So plan on getting new tires. Also, do NOT get the 1/2 windshield. It looks cool but for most people of average height the bend for the upper lip of the windshield is in the worst possible spot. Severe distortion. Plus, it is a dust magnet and that only makes its functionality worse. Just for background we are in western Colorado and have been running the desert, hill climbing and rock crawling. Again, the machine is everything I expected. I'm just planning on new tires and storing a 1/2 windshield until the bad weather comes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does anybody know what the p/n is for the replacement clamps???

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Should be, might check the date on the box and make sure it is a newer build. I think they were only like $12/4 if you need extras..

·
Registered
172 Posts
I do need extras but I need the p/n to order them

·
Registered
6,014 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Perfect Black Cat, Thank You

1 - 11 of 11 Posts