Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2014 Arctic Cat wildcat 4 x limited. I heard what sound like bearings grinding rocks, was coming from the 2 pillow bearing assemblies for the front wheel drive shaft. I pulled everything out and opened up the tunnel and replaced both bearing with new bearing and added new grease where they spline together. I noticed a o-ring on the ends and they look ok. I put it on the lift so I was able to put it in gear with the tires just off the ground and it seemed like the noise went away. After getting it all back together and went for a ride it sounds worse now then ever. Now it sounds like its coming from the rear where it was coming from the front seat tunnel area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
p qpull
I have the 2014 Arctic Cat wildcat 4 x limited. I heard what sound like bearings grinding rocks, was coming from the 2 pillow bearing assemblies for the front wheel drive shaft. I pulled everything out and opened up the tunnel and replaced both bearing with new bearing and added new grease where they spline together. I noticed a o-ring on the ends and they look ok. I put it on the lift so I was able to put it in gear with the tires just off the ground and it seemed like the noise went away. After getting it all back together and went for a ride it sounds worse now then ever. Now it sounds like its coming from the rear where it was coming from the front seat tunnel area.
Pull the 3 torn bolts a d remove oil filler cover. Have drain pan handy.
I bet you have bad bad side gear in there. I do too.
Pull motor to change looks to me.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Those are the bevel gears. I may have a complete set of the bevel gears, bearings, shafts, etc - basically everything that goes in the crankcase below the upper engine case. I've offered them to a guy in Canada, but I think shipping is going to be too expensive. Message me if you are interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those are the bevel gears. I may have a complete set of the bevel gears, bearings, shafts, etc - basically everything that goes in the crankcase below the upper engine case. I've offered them to a guy in Canada, but I think shipping is going to be too expensive. Message me if you are interested.
[/QUOTE
Maybe, how much $ to Iowa 51503. I will have to get with my mechanic who is going to do to see if he had any luck ordering parts.
Maybe. How much to send to Iowa 51503. I will have to check with my mechanic that is going to do to see where he is with parts ordering or availability. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts