Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
Last word we heard was that Havoc had slipped to November. I hope they live up to that, as that will be a good seller in our market.
Probably won't be the last word you hear...............

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wildcatforums.net - the place to come to bitch and have outrage about a product you dont care about and will never purchase another while others look for info due to their personal interests..

smh. have fun kids. I'll keep info out of threads looking for info because clearly that's not what this forum is for.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wildcatforums.net - the place to come to bitch and have outrage about a product you dont care about and will never purchase another while others look for info due to their personal interests..

smh. have fun kids. I'll keep info out of threads looking for info because clearly that's not what this forum is for.
While I understand our frustration, I think others are just as frustrated. Having been told for years now of a new car, and only to be told next year is a bit of a disappointment. I have owned 4 Wildcats. I have had 4 XPs. I own 2 XPTs and an X3 XRS. I really enjoy the SXS experience. I am ready to dive in head first to the XX. But it is a little tough to do so when it is not available. Am I frustrated? Not really. The options are very good right now. They will be even better when the XX is FINALLY released. Hopefully the release will be worth waiting for.

Sam

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
No other cool stuff really for the dirt guys. Lots of hum from all the aftermarket vendors about the XX and it being epic but nothing we haven't had posted on here. A couple of the textron guys said the XX will be here "real soon" it seemed like before year end but we will see. Its definitely coming sometime
Was this guy a factory racer? Do you have any idea who it is? I would like to talk to him.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
wildcatforums.net - the place to come to bitch and have outrage about a product you dont care about and will never purchase another while others look for info due to their personal interests..

Smh. Have fun kids. I'll keep info out of threads looking for info because clearly that's not what this forum is for.

^^^^^this is so true

·
Registered
2,396 Posts

Here is where I think you are wrong. This place was awesome and many were excited to hear the new RG car roll out. The loyalists were eager to buy the next WC that was promised. I even tested the Cat with new suspension and was impressed! Then no new car?!! Who wouldn't be pissed except you and a few others. Be real guy, If you were promised a new hyped up part for your racing cat and they did not deliver, you would be mad also. and sorry If your the minority that does not get upset or mad. I was a loyal member who got on the forums daily but with no news to talk about, not so often.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
:-/ .... so there wasnt even an updated textron wildcat x ??

no pics form the turbo monster??
No, no pics needed as this was not a factory machine. It was a one-off mod build that someone threw together for mud racing. Jacked up, Ports, narrow mud tires etc. A lot of work went into it, but it reflected nothing from AC/Textron other than the base Wildcat 1000 chassis.

And when I said it looked like the 1049 in there, my opinion was just based on how it compared to the Viper/7000 engine and oil filter placement on the crankcase. It's all I could see of the engine and manifolds to determine that. It wasn't a reflection on what was coming from Textron.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Here is where I think you are wrong. This place was awesome and many were excited to hear the new RG car roll out. The loyalists were eager to buy the next WC that was promised. I even tested the Cat with new suspension and was impressed! Then no new car?!! Who wouldn't be pissed except you and a few others. Be real guy, If you were promised a new hyped up part for your racing cat and they did not deliver, you would be mad also. and sorry If your the minority that does not get upset or mad. I was a loyal member who got on the forums daily but with no news to talk about, not so often.
First of all I wasn't happy when the car got put off , then put off again, and put off again. As far as empty promises and not delivering - Do you see myself or anyone else running at cat in TORC ? We had been promised a new car every year since 2015 to race (some current models as replacements for warn out equipment then some that were new models that were coming) and nothing came. When your entire program is at the mercy of someone else that promises you the world then you get squat its beyond disheartening and causes problems you cannot imagine when you tell your sponsors that are paying your bills what you're getting that year then you roll out with the same old car you're looking like a fool.

Spinning wheels saying things like "I'm gonna jump ship if they dont come out with something now" is foolish. When I come on here and read the same 4 people complaining about the same problems they had with their car (many of which are well known and common problems and when I see what they're running for tires or machine condition much of it is self inflicted) it makes you not want to waste your time. When you comment and bring something to the table and someone comes back with something negative that contributes NOTHING to the conversation - I really wonder why they're on here if they have nothing good to say about their car , the company, and it discourages others to ask questions or reach out on things.

We were promised new cars time and time again and nothing showed up but when discussions took place I realized what was going on behind closed doors and understood it. Things have been a mess since Claude left after literally running the company into the ground , Metz tried turning it around but the damage was too substantial , with the merger already in play they continued development due to the plans that Textron had for the company with the XX.

Do you know how long a ROPS cert takes or even to get a car through CARB? Do you know how long it takes once the cars are cert'd to bring a line online and tooled up when you're 1/8th the size of your competition (prior to Textron) ? How about how long a merger takes to have things finalized and the new management has moved from Augusta to Minnesota. I can tell you they're still moving things and people from Georgia to Minnesota right now, its been over 6 weeks since production started of the stampede and dealers are just now getting cars to their showrooms - and that car was already tooled, fixtured and certified not to mention produced prior to this.

I've spent the majority of my life around manufacturing (growing up in a town that produces 60% of the drywall nationwide and my father running the plant) and in my adult life have been involved in manufacturing on a product development side and while this is an over the top situation with far more delays then usual - I know and understand how management shifts effect products coming to market not to mention the economy. The Recreational vehicle market fluctuates an insane amount and market demand dictates what the bean counters let you do.

I used to come on here daily and help out and enjoyed offering info that I could share and things we had found for solutions to common problems, But the sudden shift of mindset that went from Yes its put off but it is what it is , to Cat sucks they aren't bringing anything out anytime soon and it wont be as good as this or that when it does come. If that's the feelings then why bother posting. Then the statements I have read people make on here regarding the XX being sub par in comparison to another car are laughable considering few have ever drove or had anything to do with it beyond looking at it online.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Well said Alex. Since the "C" in CARB stands for California, I know it has to be just about the worst thing ever. That ROPS cert seems to be a waste since most of the factory cages are way weak compared to most of the aftermarket, but I guess there are lawyers to feed.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
I agree with Alex and appreciate the info he brings to the forums. (I looked for you at Haydays, to shake your hand and thank you. Sorry I missed ya)

Knowing that I am not in the market for a new Wildcat, I follow the new releases with less fervor than the guys buying a new $25K machine every other season. That being said, once a guy drops his money on a particular brand, you still want to see it evolve and bring out new products so that you have pride in the ownership of the brand. I don't get worked up to the point of badmouthing the lack of releases, but it does hurt an owners pride after years of minimal releases.

I am in the same boat having owned two Yamaha Apex snowmobiles. Even though it was technically advanced when released in 2006, the changes since it's final model year at 2018 are not noticed by a non-yamaha owner. And the faithful like myself have loved having a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Apex and appreciated the huge changes. But yet, I am the laughing stock of my sled group as my buddies constantly razz me about the old-style snowmobile I am riding, and the fact that Yamaha "can't seem to release a new machine without the help of Arctic Cat" We begged for an Apex replacement for years. I true-Blue all Yamaha Japanese killer machine. And then we get the half-breed Sidewinder which was badmouthed by many as such until everyone realized what sort of monster it truly is. So we get a little brand pride having the top dog factory stock sled again. It makes you want to keep following the brand, and selling your friends on it.

My point is, brand loyalty and pride of ownership revolves around owning a class leader, an innovator, or something that everyone else really wants. Textron will have some big shoes to fill to regain that and try to live up to that. I have the patience to wait it out, as I too have an understanding of the struggles they are going through. And as a bystander, I can wait.

But going to a show like Haydays or these guys going to the Sandsport show, we all kinda wanted to see a prototype at least on top of a truck out of reach. AC did it a couple years ago with the Snowbike and it got tons of praise for pulling off a marketing gimmic like that. And we have yet to see that in the showroom, but it was cool to see.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Alex appreciate the info and input, I'm sure it would be well received over at Wildcat Riders and I don't doubt there are many here who appreciate it as well. Hoping for a change in the current culture around here in the coming months.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
My video was nowhere as cool.

So Macy and I along with here friend Jaydyn, made our annual trip to North Branch, MN. For the 51st Annual Haydays Grass Drags and Swap meet.

Of course, anyone who knows this event knows it is the largest snowmobile show on the planet. Every pro and enthusiast from the country is in attendance.

This year we missed the Terra Cross, but got a chance to see quite a bit of everything else.Ski-Doo had a mechanical bull setup. We saw the FMX show which included bikes, sleds and ATV's.

Check it out for yourself next September
http://www.snobarons.com

21 - 37 of 37 Posts