Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was pretty cool, it's neat to see how everything is built and assembled :)

They even mention the wildcat 2 times in this video.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
cool video they got it under control it looks like!!!!:cool: i wish they would shut down all production for a week and just make wildcat!!!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thought I Would Bring This Back
80 Prowlers In A Day Mmmm

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
This video and the impressive reliability of my friends Arctic Cats is why I was willing to go with their product for my newest toy. Of course there is some negative out there and I know they have gone from suzuki engines to their own, but I have personally not seen any problems, especially in their newer products. Hope that I am right! :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
If it wasnt for the WC I would have never considered buying an AC.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
If it wasnt for the WC I would have never considered buying an AC.
Me either as they are seemingly well known as too heavy and underpowered. That is the main complaint I have of my friends AC machines. This is why I am somewhat nervous over the Wildcat power level. The rest of the machine I am confident will be great, but for the whole package to be there they need industry standard power levels.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Here a pic of the Wildcat Motor ...........

399842020.jpg

Here's a pic of an available Big Bore Kit for this motor ...........

399842044.jpg

I also found referrence although no pic - Of another B/B Kit ........ And Boosting this 2nd kit moderately will produce just over 300 HP.

Also - Dynojet already has their PCV listed -- In development.

Looks like the Aftermarket will take care of the HP issue .. .. .. :)

:cool:

·
Registered
508 Posts
The problem isnt the size of the motor, its the single 50mm throttle body that is the limiting factor.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I don't really see the 50mm throttle body on the Wildcat being the problem...considering that an LT1 Z28 Camaro had twin 48mm throttle body, and that's a V8!!!

With restriction free intake, maybe a remap of the ecm, or aftermarket ecm and a good exhaust I think the Wildcat can be brought to life pretty easy.

Add to that some quality clutch work to get the power to the ground....all will be good!

·
Registered
986 Posts
I don't really see the 50mm throttle body on the Wildcat being the problem...considering that an LT1 Z28 Camaro had twin 48mm throttle body, and that's a V8!!!With restriction free intake, maybe a remap of the ecm, or aftermarket ecm and a good exhaust I think the Wildcat can be brought to life pretty easy.Add to that some quality clutch work to get the power to the ground....all will be good!
I agree, exhaust, ECM, clutch = win

1 - 15 of 15 Posts