Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my lady are buy a sxs and I have looked up and down at polaris and can am but never looked at arctic cat manly because in my area it's almost a sin to own one do to reliability issues so im told. So can anyone with a newer ish one give any advice on one and has the engine mount issue been addressed on the newer models ? Thanks alot for any help !

·
Administrator
27,658 Posts
Trails are pretty damn reliable, IMO. Probably more than any other model AC has, with possibly the XX. They're still a little new.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I've had my '14 since April of 2014 and have 3056 miles on it now and I only ride it in the spring and summer, no problems at all. I did have the firewall recall done and I made a vented cover for the spark plug access to let the heat out. I originally gutted the muffler converter but later switched over to a different muffler to help with the cabin heat. I feel that fender flares are a must if you don't like wearing the tail. Good luck with your search and with whatever you decide to purchase.

·
Registered
115 Posts
As someone who has owned both a RZR and a Wildcat Trail, I won't even THINK ABOUT owning another RZR! Seriously, there's literally no comparison between the two. You will not be disappointed with either a Wildcat Trail or Sport.

·
Registered
63 Posts
As someone who has owned both a RZR and a Wildcat Trail, I won't even THINK ABOUT owning another RZR! Seriously, there's literally no comparison between the two. You will not be disappointed with either a Wildcat Trail or Sport.
What RZR did you own and why didn't you like it what's the difference between the two

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thanks everyone for all the replies I have alot to think about now .Theres one on sale near me for crazy cheap and it's made it all that much more tempting

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
I’ve had trail and sport very little issues with either one. Most problems are self induced by the driver!!!

Reactions: Dean

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Had a Trail since 2014 & now a 2018 Sport.
The Trails are notorious for wearing out suspension bushings unless owner installed grease fittings.

I find it quite funny A/C considered unreliable compared to Polaris :rolleyes:

·
Registered
115 Posts
What RZR did you own and why didn't you like it what's the difference between the two
My RZR was an '09 or '10 - I can't remember for sure - and it was the standard 50" 800 RZR. At 600 miles on the the RZR I had to replace every A-arm bushing, every wheel bearing, every ball joint, every tie rod end, and the U-joints on the front driveshaft. I wasn't too impressed with that. I think Arctic Cat did a better job than Polaris eliminating mud traps on the bodywork. That's my short list.

I know there are people out there with the exact opposite experience, and have ran their RZR for many, many trouble-free miles and have had or know of a Trail that has been nothing but trouble. That's true when comparing two brands of anything.

I'm just relaying my own personal experience, your results may vary....

·
Registered
63 Posts
My RZR was an '09 or '10 - I can't remember for sure - and it was the standard 50" 800 RZR. At 600 miles on the the RZR I had to replace every A-arm bushing, every wheel bearing, every ball joint, every tie rod end, and the U-joints on the front driveshaft. I wasn't too impressed with that. I think Arctic Cat did a better job than Polaris eliminating mud traps on the bodywork. That's my short list.

I know there are people out there with the exact opposite experience, and have ran their RZR for many, many trouble-free miles and have had or know of a Trail that has been nothing but trouble. That's true when comparing two brands of anything.

I'm just relaying my own personal experience, your results may vary....
Thanks , the only issue I've had sofar is my bushings ,changed them 1500 miles ago and they are fine.
Love the cats.

·
Premium Member
7,660 Posts
must remember there's a much better chance to be able to grill your lunches with the fire from the rzr than the wildcats...

Reactions: Dean and roylohr

·
Registered
8 Posts
  1. Me and my lady are buy a sxs and I have looked up and down at polaris and can am but never looked at arctic cat manly because in my area it's almost a sin to own one do to reliability issues so im told. So can anyone with a newer ish one give any advice on one and has the engine mount issue been addressed on the newer models ? Thanks alot for any help !
my motor mounts and rgt inner cv boot junk. I get 100 miles per boot. And motor mounts should be recalled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me and my lady are buy a sxs and I have looked up and down at polaris and can am but never looked at arctic cat manly because in my area it's almost a sin to own one do to reliability issues so im told. So can anyone with a newer ish one give any advice on one and has the engine mount issue been addressed on the newer models ? Thanks alot for any help !
I bought a 2015 wildcat sport limited and owned that for 5 years never had an issue with it finally sold it and bought a 2020 wildcat xx and the thing is awsome very plush ride built like a tank tons of power put 80 miles on it so far and no issues as of yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well my friend... Know the feelings from the "others".
I bought a 2016 Wildcat back then. I now t have 12000 miles on it with almost zero problems except for front bushings and one real axial that didn't want to stay in contact with trans-axial. Less than $100 fixed them both.

Now for my Can-Am and Polaris friends, they ether trade machines every year or two, but even in two years they have problems worse than mine. Like drive shaft problems and wheel bearings and axial boots splitting without reason. I replaces a Polaris axial boots on a machine two years old, with only 3k miles on it. Replaces both rear inside boots. Can Am buddy with only 500 miles on his had his front left boot blow, and not because of obstructions for bad trails.

With 12k on mine, I have yet to replace even a single boot!

I don't ride on "going to church" trails ether. My rides are in the mountains of Arizona. Some of the toughest around.

. .

Reactions: Dean

·
Registered
26 Posts
As a former RZR

1 - 20 of 25 Posts