Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
As a former RZR XP 900 owner I can tell you my 2018 XX has been a superior machine.
I have installed 2020 axles as I've been told by respected individuals it is a good move. The trick to getting along with the stock axles is not driving it like it's a race car. There's a recall on them where as your dealer uses a factory jig tool to make certain the axles are positioned correctly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased a used Arctic Cat 4 wheeler several years ago and everyone I knew had something to say about it, mostly bad... However their minds changed once they saw it perform. Everyone said they were hard to get parts for, but I never had a problem getting anything I needed. When we decided to buy a Side by Side, I noticed that there were tons of Polaris Razors out there, and they all looked the same. I'm one of those that likes to be a little different. I found a really good deal on a 2014 Wildcat 1000 Ltd. and jumped on it. It was in pretty good shape, just needed a little TLC. I purchased a modified clutch for it to allow larger tires and modified the steering myself. I wouldn't think twice about downgrading to a polaris!! I'm 6'4" tall with a bad back and feel really cramped in a Polaris... I can ride for hours in my Wildcat with no issues! My oldest son has a CanAm, and while it's nice, it is a money pit!! My younger son just purchased a 2018 Wildcat X 1000 that's nearly identical to mine. We are the only two in our group of about a dozen with Wildcats, and we turn heads anywhere we go!! I recently chopped the cage on mine and added some nice bumpers. I hear the new Textron models are Great. I will eventually step up to one, but as long as mine is going, I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I will chime in. My posts are all over the forum if you want to see what these can do. We had a 2015 Trail (see details in signature) and rode the heck out of it until sad circumstances and a car accident forced us to sell and get a 4 seater. We loved that machine and to this day, of all the machines I have had, it is the only one I miss. Fortunately, I sold it to a good friend and get to see her once in a while.

There's a lot to like. They're nimble, easy to maintain, inexpensive to buy AND fix if you ding something plastic and are just a blast to drive. Locking front diff is a bonus too. Downside is we all want more power and a properly tuned 1000 in that chassis would be dynamite. True, their interior is a little dated now, e.g., the Maverick Trail is a nicer cab inside--but that's the benefit of a machine that costs $4000 more. Short answer, don't get suckered into thinking you have to have a certain brand name or another... give one of these a test and see what you think. Good luck.
Sunset Trail WCF.JPG

21 - 25 of 25 Posts