Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I FEEL LIKE WE ARE :deadhorse:ON THE ENTERING THE UNLOCK PIN ON NEW UNITS...... BUT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE PICKING THEM UP AND THEN HAVING A U100 CODE POP UP....SO IF YOU ARE PICKING UP YOUR NEW CAT MAKE SURE YOUR DEALER GETS THIS DONE BEFORE YOU TAKE IT.................IT WILL DEF RUIN A WEEKEND HAVING IT GO INTO LIMP MODE JUST SAYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!:pat::pat:

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's the code that is put in at the factory. it flashes u100 on the dash but it runs great. however at 5 hours that code thats flashing makes the unit go into a limp mode that will only run around 4500 rpm's. it is design so that dealers will have to warranty register unit as soon as its sold or it will not run properley. as soon as we warranty register it pops a code up on the screen and it takes maybe three min to put pin into unit. then it opens unit up for a good time!!

·
Vendor
508 Posts
it's the code that is put in at the factory. it flashes u100 on the dash but it runs great. however at 5 hours that code thats flashing makes the unit go into a limp mode that will only run around 4500 rpm's. it is design so that dealers will have to warranty register unit as soon as its sold or it will not run properley. as soon as we warranty register it pops a code up on the screen and it takes maybe three min to put pin into unit. then it opens unit up for a good time!!
I did find some stuff on a U1000 is that same as U100? Thanks for the heads up, really appreciate it!

·
Registered
752 Posts
if you dont put the code in after 5 hours the code will go from u1000 to u1001 the u1001 code is the limp mode and limits the engine to 4500 rpm. all this was in the manual that came with mine that i picked up from my dealer thought it was a regular production unit but it was a floor model that was held back for some reason and was delivered late it is number 220. 5 short of the last floor unit so i would say all the floor models are delivered.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
After Putting Pin # In My Dealer Wrote The Pin # Down in My Manul For Me

·
Vendor
508 Posts
Good thing I saw this thread! Our dealer had no clue about it, but called AC and got us our code. Entered it so should be all good. Would have sucked to drive 500 miles to Dumont and have it happen to us. Got a feeling this is going to happen to a bunch of people though. What was AC thinking?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good thing I saw this thread! Our dealer had no clue about it, but called AC and got us our code. Entered it so should be all good. Would have sucked to drive 500 miles to Dumont and have it happen to us. Got a feeling this is going to happen to a bunch of people though. What was AC thinking?
I still can't believe some dealers don't know about this. All the info is in the big packet that comes with the wildcat.

·
Vendor
508 Posts
I still can't believe some dealers don't know about this. All the info is in the big packet that comes with the wildcat.
Actually our dealer left the pre delivery inspection check list in the bag with the owners manual and I read through it but it doesn't say a thing about it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just got home from picking mine up. The dealer put in the code and wrote it down and said to call for instructions on entering it if it comes up again.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts