Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the bad mouthing of the Wildcat on this public forum, you might want to think about how long to hold your stock.

Maybe what we need is an owners only section where we can share ideas with one another, both good and bad? Any new machine has their problems. With all the attention on the Wildcat every problem is magnified.

I know this can be done, we do it on your club website.

It would be nice if Arctic Cat is around to help sort them out.

Gumball

·
Vendor
508 Posts
The issues we're reading about on the Wildcat are almost non existent and minor compared to what was posted on forums after the release of the RZR 800. The 800 was losing engines left and right because of poor filtering and dirt making it's way to the engine. More currently, over on the RZR forums the thread in the XP section titled "Report any XP problems here" is currently 45 pages long, but the XP is anything but a failure as a UTV and PoPo's stock has been doing great. While there are legitimate issues with the Wildcat, you really need to keep things in perspective. We had a customer once call us because one of our mounting bolts had torn through our skid plate. While anything is possible, we really needed to see the damage so we asked him to send us a picture. Turns out he thought the perfectly machined hole for the engine oil drain plug was the "torn through" hole and the drain plug itself was the offending skid mounting bolt that did the damage. We will continue to read about issues, but so far I haven't seem anything too alarming or out of the ordinary when compared to what we've seen from the competitions offerings.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congrats on being able to read through all the bullshit.:theyareontome:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The issues we're reading about on the Wildcat are almost non existent and minor compared to what was posted on forums after the release of the RZR 800. The 800 was losing engines left and right because of poor filtering and dirt making it's way to the engine. More currently, over on the RZR forums the thread in the XP section titled "Report any XP problems here" is currently 45 pages long, but the XP is anything but a failure as a UTV and PoPo's stock has been doing great. While there are legitimate issues with the Wildcat, you really need to keep things in perspective. We had a customer once call us because one of our mounting bolts had torn through our skid plate. While anything is possible, we really needed to see the damage so we asked him to send us a picture. Turns out he thought the perfectly machined hole for the engine oil drain plug was the "torn through" hole and the drain plug itself was the offending skid mounting bolt that did the damage. We will continue to read about issues, but so far I haven't seem anything too alarming or out of the ordinary when compared to what we've seen from the competitions offerings.

Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself!

While none of these UTVs are perfect, I honestly think this one is far better than the rest. I took my buddy out riding on some twisty trails with a few rocks and lots of washed out gullies. While the Jeeps were slowing down to almost zero to cross the gullies, we were flying over them at 30 -40 mph and almost didn't feel them! We were wearing intercom headsets, and all I heard from him all day was, "My God this thing rides smooth!!"

Considering he owns a $115,000 Allstar Chassis Werx dual sport with 24" of travel, he's not an easy man to impress!! He did say he was going to buy one here pretty soon! I let him drive mine, and he loved it!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
With all the bad mouthing of the Wildcat on this public forum, you might want to think about how long to hold your stock. Maybe what we need is an owners only section where we can share ideas with one another, both good and bad? Any new machine has their problems. With all the attention on the Wildcat every problem is magnified. I know this can be done, we do it on your club website.It would be nice if Arctic Cat is around to help sort them out. Gumball
How many of these lame sarcastic threads are you gonna start?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The response to my post is interesting. It clearly shows that some of the group fully understand
what's going on, and others don't have a clue. This forum is an excellent place to share information
to make life better for all Wildcat owners. It's counter productive to bad mouth one another or
constantly beat a dead horse, as has been pointed out several times.

The continued success of this forum will be based on using like it was intended, a place for Wildcat
owners to network with one another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts