Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There needs to be a place to attach shoulder belts behind the opening you have in the seats or your going to have dudes bubble gum welding something there! WTF

·
Registered
186 Posts
It would be nice if it was there on the stock machine.

If not, after market companies will make bolt in bars.
UTV Inc makes them for several UTVs:

·
Registered
66 Posts
the stock belts work just fine for stock, AC would not have put them in if they did not work.

if you start "modifying" things you are your own and take the responsibility to do it right to keep you safe.

i cannot believe you would call out and bash a manufacturer for something this petty. like others in this post have said the aftermarket will provide may bolt on harness bars and a good fabrication shop or shade tree mechanic with welding skills can do the same.

now STFU and get back inline with the other retreads at OWS camps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hmmm, needs an H strap?
"H strap" ??? do you mean 5th point submarine belt or sternum strap? i never understood why people would just install 4 point belts and have the lapbelt ride up to you nips while driving. i tried the sternum straps and did not like the velcro strap flapping in the wind.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the stock belts work just fine for stock, AC would not have put them in if they did not work.

if you start "modifying" things you are your own and take the responsibility to do it right to keep you safe.

i cannot believe you would call out and bash a manufacturer for something this petty. like others in this post have said the aftermarket will provide may bolt on harness bars and a good fabrication shop or shade tree mechanic with welding skills can do the same.

now STFU and get back inline with the other retreads at OWS camps.

What ever DA

·
Registered
186 Posts
"H strap" ??? do you mean 5th point submarine belt or sternum strap? i never understood why people would just install 4 point belts and have the lapbelt ride up to you nips while driving. i tried the sternum straps and did not like the velcro strap flapping in the wind.
ya, me too. 4 points might be worse than the stock 3 point. a 5 point is the only way I ride.

maybe he meant H instead of Y style?

·
Registered
791 Posts
You know MegaDD you don't need to be so rude. From day one just about everyone on here has stated that AC needs to put a bar for a 4/5 point harness on the WC. So it isn't anything new. And I don't along with a lot of others agree that the stock 3 point is enough for any SXS. It has been proven on more than 1 RZR that the 3 point harness has allowed more than one driver to be ejected from the rig. I know with no mods what so ever to my WC I want a harness bar & 5 point harness.

We all try to be respectful of each other on here and not talk to another in a way we would not want to talked to.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
No stock manufacturer "puts" a bar behind the seats to mount aftermarket harnesses to. The way some cages are built, there is one there, but that doesn't mean in any way that is what it was designed for. Megadiesel may have been a little brash, but he absolutely right. The stock belts are adequate for most people who will be buying this UTV. If you feel its not good enough for you then change it. Don't bash AC for not making your job easier. They didn't weld tabs on the cage to accommodate HIDs either. They didn't leave a space for your amp and sub woofer to go. They build these for the masses, not for die hards like us. Customize it to suit you. That's half the fun................

·
Registered
986 Posts
I agree and I have posted before that if this whole detuned motor thing is a legal battle issue is BS. If legal safety issues were any concern manufacturers would use 5 pts from the factory.

·
Registered
986 Posts
If you look up underneath there is a bar running across the back, might have to trim some plastic.But its there.papa356
The issue with that Location has been discussed. It's dangerous to have your belts pulling you down in the seat in a crash. There is a link on here talking about the correct angle for should straps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No stock manufacturer "puts" a bar behind the seats to mount aftermarket harnesses to. The way some cages are built, there is one there, but that doesn't mean in any way that is what it was designed for. Megadiesel may have been a little brash, but he absolutely right. The stock belts are adequate for most people who will be buying this UTV. If you feel its not good enough for you then change it. Don't bash AC for not making your job easier. They didn't weld tabs on the cage to accommodate HIDs either. They didn't leave a space for your amp and sub woofer to go. They build these for the masses, not for die hards like us. Customize it to suit you. That's half the fun................
I strongly disagree with you. the stock restraints are very inadequate with the capabilities of these machines, as Wildman has pointed out. I don't understand your comparison of installing HID's with installing serious safety equipment. The competition does have a bar in a location suitable for most for installing after market harnesses. You are obviously new to this sport, please research and learn for your own safety.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I strongly disagree with you. the stock restraints are very inadequate with the capabilities of these machines, as Wildman has pointed out. I don't understand your comparison of installing HID's with installing serious safety equipment. The competition does have a bar in a location suitable for most for installing after market harnesses. You are obviously new to this sport, please research and learn for your own safety.
Hahaha! New to this sport?? Did you even read my post?? Look here Rat, this thing may be an offroad vehicle, but it is no racecar. Most people will use it to ride moderate speed on trails. And as I said, yes SOME other UTVs have a bar behind the seats, but it was not put there to mount your damn harness to! It was put there because the bed is in the way to run it any lower and there needs to be a crossmember for support. I have put harnesses in every one of my UTVs. The point is that I had to modify every one of them to do so. And furthermore, at 6'3" tall even a bar behind the seat that would work for a 5'8" guy wouldn't work for me, and vice versa. Got it skippy?? Maybe you should do some research before calling me out..................

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well it has to be a lot cheaper to install a bar behind the seats then to build or purchase a new cage like the RZR look at all teh youtube videos of rzr roll overs with factory cages crumbling so easy. We also get Power steering and doors included for the same price as the RZR XP.

Also at least AC included seats with slots to pull your harnesses through again unlike Polaris...

It would be nice if AC installed a bar at the factory, not a big deal though. Heck it bout be nice to have different tire options as well - those 4 ply are going to suck

1 - 20 of 43 Posts