Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen a parking brake from any of the vendors yet. I have a simple hand brake that holds the brake pedal down for my RZR. How about something like this for the Widlcat? I'm dissapointed they didn't come with one.

Dwight

·
Registered
102 Posts
It does have park in the transmission engaged by the shifter though. Do you need emergency brake where you are located to be street legal?

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
It would be nice. Sometimes you have to get out on a steep climb to help a buddy turn his utv back on all 4's. Haha

Reactions: pawnman

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my RZR if you used the transmission Park on a steep hill you would need someone to push you either forward or back so you could release the transmission from park. The missus took a dim view of being asked to push the RZR so I could get it out of park. Therefore, I need a parking brake!!

Dwight

·
Registered
377 Posts
There is a cheep solution besides the camlock brake for the RZRs. I bought the camlock but some people create a notched pvc pipe to hold the brake down between the steering wheel / brake pedal

·
Registered
752 Posts
I did the test ride in Denver and i told one of the engines that i thought the no parking brake idea was bad and i took him out for a ride and we parked on a hill and put it in park.... guess what it would not come out.of park we had to get out of the machine and try to push it up the hill while one of us rryed to get it out of park so they are well aware of the problem and after i told him i was on these forms he begged me not to talk to much about it but i coldest hold it in

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The only time you should be parking on a hill is because someone wrecked and getting your machine out of park is the last thing on your mind. There will be plenty of people to help you after the situation is over. Thats my 2 copper, parking on a hill is just dangerous. 20 years of riding and I can count the number of times I parked on a hill steep enough to cause that on one hand. Maybe I just have bad luck but almost every single one of my accidents was on a hill. Most of the time it was someone else hitting me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ride in the mountains much?:) No, seriously it doesn't take much of a hill to cause problems, I'm not talking about the side of a mountain (well mostly not). Maybe I could muscle it out of park but I'm not too comfortable doing that. If I park the RZR on the dovetail of my toy hauler it's hard to get our of park. Since I installed the park brake very seldom do I use transmission park. Just stick it in neutral and set the brake.

Dwight

·
Registered
945 Posts
Ride in the mountains much?:) No, seriously it doesn't take much of a hill to cause problems, I'm not talking about the side of a mountain (well mostly not). Maybe I could muscle it out of park but I'm not too comfortable doing that. If I park the RZR on the dovetail of my toy hauler it's hard to get our of park. Since I installed the park brake very seldom do I use transmission park. Just stick it in neutral and set the brake.

Dwight
I have to agree here....it needs a parking brake. If it will get stuck in park on even a very small incline, it needs a parking brake.

·
Registered
377 Posts
X3 It does not take much of an incline (at least in the two RZRs I have owned) to get it stuck in park. The most dangerous part is not parking on the incline but trying to get it unstuck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hopefully the WC's transmission won't hang up like the XP and we won't need a parking brake. The first ride in my XP I got the transmission locked up on a hill. There was no way to get it out of park without taking the tension off the gears. Good thing we had another vehicle and a tow rope to help.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
wildcat video on youtube has a guy struggling to move the shifter, i guarantee the wildcat will be just like the rzr is while in park on a hill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts