Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I did 68miles today and has an awesome time! Totally impressed with nearly every aspect of the machine. It's been said a million times on here, but the suspension is amazing! Whether we were going slow across tight trails, climbing hills, or hauling balls down whooped out roads, the suspension tackled it all flawlessly. The power steering worked great as well. The ratio of input/output is seamless at all speeds with just the right amount of feedback.
The one shitty thing about the machine are the brakes. Not only do they suck, but after about 40 miles they started to squeal, and that's just annoying. Hopefully the aftermarket comes up with a fix soon.

BTW: If you haven't already, take out the bolts that hold the door nets on and add a 1/4in piece of 1/4in rubber fuel line to the bolt shank. No more rattle!

So many great things to mention, but it's been a long day and I'm going riding again tomorrow. I attached a few pics from our trip. The wife snapped one of me before I had my first cup of coffee, so I took one of her pissing in a bush. Would love to share that one, but she reads this forum. :)

Cheers,

Dan

100_8190.jpg 100_8193.jpg 100_8194.jpg 100_8203.jpg 100_8207.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Dan,
Nice pictures. Is that near Las Vegas?
I am on the fence on getting a Wildcat. I have not had a sideXside, only quads and motorcycles. Have you had a Rzr of some sort to compare it to?

Thanks

Daryl

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Nice Pics Looks Like Your Ride Was In Warm Weather
Mine 4" New Snow Took The WC To Gilbert OHV For Some Rock Climing
25 & Sunny

·
Registered
945 Posts
Nice, Dan...looks like you could just check out about anywhere out there, trail or no trail....and asked, where were the two of you?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Dan,
I am on the fence on getting a Wildcat. I have not had a sideXside, only quads and motorcycles. Have you had a Rzr of some sort to compare it to?

Thanks

Daryl
Hey Daryl:
I can't believe you went as far as putting one on your trailer and didn't go home with it, WOW if i had gone that far it would of been a done deal you are one tough hombre.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Dan,

Thanks

Daryl
Thanks! That was in Boulder City @ Nelson Hills (about 20miles outside of town). Both of my brother's have RZRs. One has an 800s, and the other has an XP, and after riding them all, I prefer the features and ride quality of the Wildcat. The Xp is a bit faster out of the gate, but could never keep up over the whoops and rough sections.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Daryl:
I can't believe you went as far as putting one on your trailer and didn't go home with it, WOW if i had gone that far it would of been a done deal you are one tough hombre.
LOL... It was just about a done deal. I got a price then it suddenly changed when we went to sign the papers. They forgot about "dealer build/prep"?? Anyway, it went up about $1,000. I was a little pissed. Waiting to see if the dealer will come down a little. They got 20 in so far and have sold about 6 as of Fri.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
i'll have to wait until spring for that. Just judging by "seat of the pants" the xp launches really hard. Brothers are still back home in ohio. We have a hatfield trip planned for may.
if i was you i would change my plans and come to brimstone may 24 -27 big jamobee. Lots of vendor , events, and a huge concert. A lot better trails and wider. Its call the white knuckle event. I no you would have a better time.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
LOL... It was just about a done deal. I got a price then it suddenly changed when we went to sign the papers. They forgot about "dealer build/prep"?? Anyway, it went up about $1,000. I was a little pissed. Waiting to see if the dealer will come down a little. They got 20 in so far and have sold about 6 as of Fri.

Tell them no deal. Tell them you know of 3 dealers selling without ANY freight or prep charges (Temecula, Tucson and Scottsdale) and 2 of those dealers are selling for $16,274 + tax.

I really think that the demo rides scared off a lot of potential customers, people were expecting these things to feel a bit faster. I know of a few people who bought XPs recently because they wanted a faster UTV. Since there are more units showing up per dealer than there are buyers, it's not a seller's market, it's a buyer's market. Don't get me wrong, this is IMHO the best UTV currently for sale, but the vast majority of people aren't bright enough to see that for themselves.

Hell, look who they voted into the White House. If that's not proof right there that voting should be a privilege based on a basic IQ test, I don't know what is.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if i was you i would change my plans and come to brimstone may 24 -27 big jamobee. Lots of vendor , events, and a huge concert. A lot better trails and wider. Its call the white knuckle event. I no you would have a better time.
Just looked @ the White Knuckle site, looks pretty awesome! May end up doing both. I'm already traveling 2,300 miles, whats a few hundred more? Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Great pics Schultz!

Hey Daryl, let me guess...Clawsons? Where are you in Fresno area? I lived in Clovis for a decade.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts