Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is second hand news a guy was driving a friend wildcat for the first time at a orv park in al. drive it off a hill and roll it several times and seared the cage completly off at the mount because the mount are cast iron the guy is in a coama in huntville al. hospial i will get some pic of the wildcat .so those cast mount need to be change. p.s don't let your friends :drive:your wildcat it call a wildcat for a reason

·
Registered
249 Posts
10-4 on the cast mounts. Cast iron is not very ductile and will crack or break. Good ol steel mounts is a best.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
That sucks. Even if you add a better upper cage the cast iron is still on the bottoms

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the tube they used is so strong it don't give like the rzr roll cage not saiding the rzr cage is better the tube is soft so it bend instead of breaking at the mounted

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I'd like to see pics of this. After removing my cage and reinstalling it, I'm kinda surprised how thin the bolts are. I don't think they're grade 8 either. I'm thinking maybe they snapped the bolts off, the mounts are pretty thick.

In addition to adding 2 more bars to the roof, I'm going to be swapping out all of the bolts with thicker ones in grade 8.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Are we for sure that these mounts are this way or are we going in circles off second hand info not yet verified true? This is reminding me of the internet rumor that Wildcat cranks are snapping and we all know the real story behind that.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
When you say "mount" are you talking the cage bungs??????? You would have to be there is no other place that anything is mounted the rest of the frame is all one piece.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes cage bungs the cage seared off the frame gone that what the guy say. and his bubby held his head to keep him from bleedind to dead

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hope they come out of it ok.

eventually more parts will be available for the WC.
Here is an example of aftermarket cage mounts on the RZR. These are made by Racer Tech:

·
Registered
508 Posts
The wildcat doesnt have mounts like the rzr. It bolts directly to the frame. Without seeing actual pictures of the cage its all heresay as to what really happened. Hope they get through ok.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts