Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to put Bandit shock springs on my XX. Anyone running them ? If so the mediums or heavy? I would love to hear a ride report. Thank you
Chris

·
Registered
115 Posts
I love mine - medium - only reason to g heavy is.... if you adding tons of weight either with lrg people or lots of extra gear.

1000 miles mine have yet to sag at all, I expected to reset them once and they have yet to need it. Ride is exactly the same as stock spring with less bottom out and no sagging.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Elsewhere I had said I was underwhelmed by Shock Therapy springs. After riding in the SW Utah desert for a few days I have completely changed my opinion. The price difference is hard to justify, but the ST springs are just about perfect for aggressive driving. The springs do the work that you would otherwise have to crank the shocks up for, so you run the shocks on full soft and yet have almost zero bottoming out (we have yet to, but I'm sure it can be done) and wonderful control. We ran for about 5 hours in the desert today, mostly rough two-track, and my wife commented that the XX is riding more comfortably now than it did in the Black Hills. At that time, we had stock springs and had to run the shocks on medium, and still bottomed out several times. My first few rides on the ST springs were on forest service roads around our home area and I simply wasn't driving the XX the way the ST springs are setup for. If that was the way I would use the XX all of the time, I could have stayed with stock, but we love desert riding during the winter.

I know you were just asking about Bandit, but I felt I needed to share my new viewpoint on ST springs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I enjoy the ST report. Thank you.
Dune Track, with the mediums, what settings to you have on your dampers? Soft, med or hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts