Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ya.....now we be gettin some where!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fox and thats with the stock ecu prog. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You can really tell on the acceleration comparison. Were you getting over 80 with the clutch? From what Adam said, the clutched Wildcat was a bit faster than the clutched XP. That's awesome........

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the other vid which is like right below this one he hit 80. This is all him Dent not me I just posted them up when I found them. It is something I will do when I get mine though;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Bone stock that machine would only do 72 topped out. After the wet clutch delete, that machine runs right at 78 in the 1/4 mile. If you actually watch the video above there is a little teaser for you wildcat owners who have xp buddies at the end of the vid there is a comparison of the wildcat and xp . The clutched wildcat is LOTS faster than a clutched xp. The last screen shot at the end shows what 1/4 mile is, 73 in the xp, 77-78ish in the wildcat. The clutched wildcat is the bomb, by far the strongest stock everything machine i have sat in. The lower rpm torque the wildcat has is deceiving. Sounds throaty but not impressive. The xp is obviously a high winder and sounds like its makin power, too bad the parallel twin don't have any torque cause that's what's lunging the wildcat to the front of the pack in acceleration tests. Definitely the most impressive (after clutching) of any machine i have done. Usually pick up 3-5mph in 1/4 mile, but this wildcat is nearly 8mph faster.Stock for stock the xp is faster.Clutched for clutched The wildcat is king of the hill

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Adam for shedding some light, you know me if I find a new video it goes up:rolleyes:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice video
Looks like the shift out rpm was about the same cluched vs non wcd.

Is that the sweet spot for these motors 7k?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Peak power on the Dyno was 6800-6900. I got the shiftout right around 6900ish then as the clutch upshifts it pulls the rpms up. The wildcat made 62.5hp at 6800-6900. An xp900 made 64hp to the tire on the same Dyno.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Adam, if we didn't do the WCD but did do your other clutching mods, including the new shoes in the wet clutch what could we expect performance wise? I'm not too interested in top speeds, more about low to mid range. We will be in Moab to do some crawling and trails. We will also do some sand at Waynoka but again it will be mostly the trails instead of the big dunes. What do you recommend? What would turn around time be?

Thanks
Dwight

I sure appreciate your posts, I'm learning a lot!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Peak power on the Dyno was 6800-6900. I got the shiftout right around 6900ish then as the clutch upshifts it pulls the rpms up. The wildcat made 62.5hp at 6800-6900. An xp900 made 64hp to the tire on the same Dyno.
Both with WCD, or stock?? Either way, the RZR guys are right. The Wildcat is totally lacking in power. A whole 1.5 HP worth...............

1 - 20 of 33 Posts