Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2013 Wildcat 1000HO. I'm going through belts like crazy. About one every 50-100 miles. The previous owner never did any maintenance or cleaning on the machine. After cleaning roughly 100lbs of mud out of the machine, I started researching how to's. I have tried the alignment procedure, but each time, it's a little different. However, it is always sitting against the inner sheeve and has roughly 1/8" space from the outer one. Both clutches are in pretty good condition. No scuffs, cracks, warping or nicks in them. I really like the machine but 3 belts for a weekend ride is ridiculous. I'm snorkeling both intakes so they don't pull any dust and dirt from the tunnel. Other than that, any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Your primary is probably ready to explode. I went thru 2 belts in about 5 hours. I blamed the belt manufacturer. Nope. Then I paid for a tow. Pull the case cover, get a bright flashlight and a magnifying glass, and look for spidering cracks. 98% certain it's a bad primary. Especially if the number begins with a 3. The new one begins with a 4.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts