Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Benchmark Performance picked up a Wildcat on Sunday and we are already into this thing elbows deep! We have a bunch of ideas for this thing and can't wait to put some products and packages out there for this exciting new vehicle.
Today we were able to get into the ECU. :cool: By the time this thing is in showrooms, Benchmark will again be the first company to bring flashed ECUs and simple plug in performance to market. Our test vehicle may differ from final production, so we aren't going to be claiming any performance figures until we receive a new production unit.
Stand by, this thing is going to rock! :)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
you just gave me goose bumps!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Benchmark Performance picked up a Wildcat on Sunday and we are already into this thing elbows deep! We have a bunch of ideas for this thing and can't wait to put some products and packages out there for this exciting new vehicle.
Today we were able to get into the ECU. :cool: By the time this thing is in showrooms, Benchmark will again be the first company to bring flashed ECUs and simple plug in performance to market. Our test vehicle may differ from final production, so we aren't going to be claiming any performance figures until we receive a new production unit.
Stand by, this thing is going to rock! :)
Ok so you must have a clue what "may differ from final production" so spill it! :cool:

·
Official Site Vendor
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No sir, I don't. But I have been advised that AC is still finalizing the production settings. My experience with other "pre-production" vehicles has taught me to know that there are almost always last minute programming changes. The GREAT news here is that we can get into the ECU, regardless of the settings. The Polaris XP900 took us over 6 months to get into the ECU, so we are way ahead of the game this time!

Reactions: pawnman

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
No sir, I don't. But I have been advised that AC is still finalizing the production settings. My experience with other "pre-production" vehicles has taught me to know that there are almost always last minute programming changes. The GREAT news here is that we can get into the ECU, regardless of the settings. The Polaris XP900 took us over 6 months to get into the ECU, so we are way ahead of the game this time!
Gotcha. Well this is good news, thanks for sharing! :D

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
no sir, i don't. But i have been advised that ac is still finalizing the production settings. My experience with other "pre-production" vehicles has taught me to know that there are almost always last minute programming changes. The great news here is that we can get into the ecu, regardless of the settings. The polaris xp900 took us over 6 months to get into the ecu, so we are way ahead of the game this time!
~word

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I could probably research this, but I am dog tired. What type of numbers did you gain for the XP9 from the computer mods?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Stage I XP900 ECU Reflash - Power and Speed - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

Stage I XP900 ECU Reflash - Power and Speed
[HR][/HR]Now available, from Benchmark Performance, is a Stage I ECU for the 2011 and 2012 Polaris XP900!

On a completely stock XP900, the Stage I ECU produces a healthy 2 hp gain at the power peak, and 3 hp gain after the power peak!

With the Stage I reflash, the ECU and engine is optimized for running on premium pump gas (91 octane or better). In addition, we raised the rev limiter an additional 500 rpm!

This is a completely safe and effective way go to get more performance out of your XP900 and the ONLY cost effective way to raise the rev limiter.

Ship us your ECU now for fast 1 day turn around time!
Now available at $650. Start of season promotion time, $379!!! We want to get some of these out there! Call Benchmark at 760-484-0986 to order!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 799x564 and weights 116KB.

·
Official Site Vendor
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the link TxC!
On the new Teryx4, we were able to raise the rev limiter from 7700 to 9000 and take the top speed from 50 to 63. Not sure what the Wildcat has to offer yet. Testing is under way. What is nice is the ability to tune for cams, exhaust, compression, dual throttle bodies, etc. That is where the real gains will be found, especially with ignition timing and a modified engine.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
The #1 complaint I found in extensive research of Arctic Cat engines seems to be an overly conservative timing strategy, so if you guys can get in there and inject a performance timing curve you may well wake this thing right up. The gains are likely to be much greater than those you managed on the XP 900 if it is true the Arctic Cat timing curve is weaksauce. Getting control over the computer can be VERY useful!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Now were getting somewhere!!! I would like to ask those in the "know" about reflashing an ecm/ecu...You possess the knowledge and software to be able to tune a specific engine with or without modification to do what you want!!! A highly valuable skill, and one that I have no intention of belittling...However the 9th post of this thread, with HP gains also had this little $$ amount as well... simply send in your ecu and it can be reprogrammed and turned around in 1 day! Great!!!

I hand carried an ecu into TurnKey Engines in Oceanside Ca, last year, told the tech that I wanted the "break-in" rev limiter removed and the rev limit increased by 500 rpms. By his side I watched him plug in my ecu, check a box eliminating the "break-in" command and watched as he elevated the rev limit. He unplugged my ecu from his desk top handed it back to me and I was out the door in 10 minutes. I did purchase my ecu from them, and they gladly made the changes that I requested. Can someone educate us on just what is involved in reprogramming an ecu for say a simple exhaust mod? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
s2K1...by the way, Welcome!!! You do understand that with the WildCat being new and such little info out there that if someone jumps on the board posting that they have one of the "Elusive WildCats" and have performance mods in sight that questions will follow!!!:D So without wasting anytime, If I wanted a remap and knew that a clutch mod, and a performance exhaust were part of the equation how does that effect the mapping? You would probably need to know that up front, I would imagine...How about taller tires? Does the WildCat have an OBD2 style port like other EFI engines have? Where do other aftermarket fuel controllers figure into the scheme of remaps, can they be used in conjunction with a remap or would they need to be part of a remap?...What kinds of questions would you have for me if I wanted a remap? Thanks.

·
Registered
791 Posts
s2k1,
As others have said Welcome to the forum. I too am VERY happy to have you come on here and tell us that you can remap the ECMs already. I can't wait to see what all you'll have available once these hit the showroom floor. Good luck with your improvements and I like many others can't wait to hear the HP & torque #'s you can get.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome to the forum s2k1. We are all glad to hear positive info like this. Looking forward to see if dual throttle bodies and a remap will get the hp numbers we were all expecting.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Here is what the XTZ timing curve is (supposedly):

10 degress @ 2000rpm
32 degrees @ 2,000 - 5,000
32 degrees @ 5,000 - 7,000
15 degrees @ 7,000 - 8,000

1 - 20 of 40 Posts