Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 wildcat XX that has had the ecm flashed by speedsxs that is having issues.
I have a new ecm that I'd like to have flashed but I would like some input on what company has had the best luck with their flash and some pros and cons of having the flash done.
My machine has aftermarket headers and muffler and stock intake.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Ive had great luck with speedwerx on all of my sleds and buggys..I too bought a kit from speed sxs with re flash and clutch kit.. will never venture away from speedwerx again..speedwerx tried to re flash it again but couldnt.. ended up buying a new ecm..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the machine used this spring from a guy that raced it and he never had the p0363 code pop up, I think thats because he never ran it at a constant speed between 35-45 mph.
If I'm on and off the throttle alot, I never have the problem.

I have done all the usual things to remedy the issue with no luck.
Now I'm thinking its a issue with the ECM.
The previous owner had it flashed by Speedsxs so I messaged them about it and they responded quick but they didn't seem to want to help out in any way shape or form.

Is it true that speedsxs has another company flash their ecm"s for them?

When you send your ECM to speedwerx, do you get your ecm back or do they just switch it with a flashed one off their shelf?

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Evolution Powersports is who Speedwerx is in bed with.

Reactions: Shaun

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just started have the same po363 code pop up and then a miss fire like a fouled plug. I changed plugs yesterday and it ran good for a while. Then running it up to about 47 mph it had a miss fire like a complete engine bog, then back on good. So plugs didn't do anything really. We have 3500 mile on a 2021. Never had an issue last year and riding style hasn't changed. We do cruise a lot between 35 - 45mph. Plugs I pulled out are real lean looking though, that's for sure. I mixed in some Seafoam too. Just seems like a gas issue. Others have had same issue one guy said valve adjustment fixed his. One said spark plugs did it. Mmmmm!

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
I had mine flashed when the flash first came out, I was getting codes and Speedwerx was overnighting my ecm back and forth several times and the return address was EVP's.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Speedwerx hands down.
My brother had his flashed by Speed and had issues also- fan and other things...sent it to Speedwerx...no problemo.
I scolded him for not asking me first- he paid the price.
I did think I would get the quick start instead of the oil pressure buildup delay when starting but no dice...I guess they didnt want the liability. Still has the delayed start.
I was going to put a fan override switch since we ride the dunes sometimes over 100 degrees out...no need now... car runs between 185 and 190 all the timesince the fan temps were changed..

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 2018 wildcat XX that has had the ecm flashed by speedsxs that is having issues.
I have a new ecm that I'd like to have flashed but I would like some input on what company has had the best luck with their flash and some pros and cons of having the flash done.
ATV Cycle in Vegas did mine on my 2019 car and it really woke that car up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll probably do the speedwerx/evolution flash since everyone seems to be happy with their tune.
I did find out today ther is a shop right here in my town that has the ability to flash the ECM using the Evolution flash.
I'm waiting for a call back from the tech to get a price and ask him a few more technical questions.

Stay tuned.........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alba Tune is my choice they also have the header in stainless steel awesome guys!!! Team Alba online or call 6195620188 tell the a guy named "ANGEL" sent you ask for "Jon" or anyone there will help!!2020 wildcat XX is mine.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've got the ALBA, no issues after 2500 miles of use.
Never had a check light, but my stock muffler keeps plugging the spark arrestor screen and that causes a HUGE bog, loss of power. Check the screen on the muffler tip.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So you flash it and then the motors RPM range increases. That leads to more wear on your motor. I have a 2018 and 75MPH is sufficient. Sure, going across a dry lake bed in Baja a little quicker would be nice but not at that cost.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
So you flash it and then the motors RPM range increases. That leads to more wear on your motor. I have a 2018 and 75MPH is sufficient. Sure, going across a dry lake bed in Baja a little quicker would be nice but not at that cost.
There is a lot more to it then just speed limiter raising …the stock tune has to live in the EPA’s idea of environmental friendliness and that is not always the best for the engine. Usually to meet carb they are super lean! There are a few other advantages also over stock. IMO a good aftermarket tune is better for your engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts