Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
new to the forum. we are hunting for a Wildcat XX up here in the northeast.. Maine to be specific ,but willing to travel for the best deal.
What is the best price that anyone has seen ?????
not many dealers up here stock them
was looking at the kawi krx but they are to wide for the trails up here ..
Like the XX better anyway !
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just picked up a new 2020.. got it on sale for $15999. I like the look and suspension design of the Wildcat XX better, but the fit and finish of the KRX is second to none. I had a very hard time deciding between the two for that reason.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just picked up a new 2020.. got it on sale for $15999. I like the look and suspension design of the Wildcat XX better, but the fit and finish of the KRX is second to none. I had a very hard time deciding between the two for that reason.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
where did you buy it ?Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Bass Pro Shop, Hooksett, NH

My local AC dealer told me they cannot buy an XX for the price BP sells the XTR1000. Same machine except for the decals.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bought mine from Livingston’s Arctic Cat in New Hampshire. Really good dealer. I probably had the first XX in Maine...no dealers in Maine were even ordering them. Original LTD model. Been awesome so far....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Jericho Outdoors, in Berlin, NH is an incredible dealership and they will deal.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm hearing the same thing. Bass Pro Shop /Tracker will be the cheapest price. But if you need dealer help? I think regular dealers will start selling other products, if they can't sell with enough margin. I see it already happening locally. I'm also hearing parts on older cats are hard to come by, if not impossible to get. Hail to the King....Bass Pro Shop and the tracker!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for competition and a good price. But why does tracker get better pricing? It will kill off the small shops.

People will buy out of State and bypass the local dealer in some cases. I was ready to do that when I shopped mine. But the local dealer gave me a good price and I've done a ton of business with them since. But this was before the tracker. Sales competition is out of balance now.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
We bought our XX about 5 weeks ago, and during the process we picked up on some things that will give the AC dealers an advantage in most states.

First is the convenience of trading-in your current machine. BPS isn't going to become a used side-by-side lot. I didn't think to ask if they were prohibited from taking a trade-in when I was talking with the boat store in Spokane that picked up Tracker Off Road to go with their Tracker boats, but they made it clear that they have no intention of taking a trade, even when it meant I was going to buy an XX and not an XTR.

There is another tangible advantage when you trade in your current machine: many (most?) states tax you on the difference between the purchase price and the trade value. If you buy a Tracker, the entire purchase price will be taxed.

I'm not sure if the AC dealers have recognized that they have those advantages. Mentioning their ability to take a trade-in and the tax ramifications should come flying out of their mouths anytime someone says XTR1000, but the two dealers I talked with about the Trackers did not point out how a trade-in benefits the purchaser.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still hunting for 1 ….
may have to go on a road trip, closes 1 right now pending confirmation is in PA ..
arctic cat plant is shut down and I was told what's out there is it for this year. red and white is what we want
Thanks to all for your comments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts