Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post here. I have a 2019 WC Trail and added front and back bumpers, Roll bar rear extensions, electronic power steering. Love almost everything but wondering what I can do to get better throttle response. Seems very sloppy and lots of play before it engages.
Also hate the sound and want ,more of a rumble low sound vs that huge lawn mower sound. Loud is not what im looking for.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Speedwerx header and exhaust, quiet one works great. Also their Clutch.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can drill the catalytic converter out of the stock muffler with a long drill bit. Takes about 30mins or an hour. Shake all the debris out. Gives the machine a bit a lower rumbley ish sound at idle. The 1 guy I ride with constantly comments on how much he likes the sound it makes now. I think it made the throttle response a tiny bit snappier. I don't think it is much louder than stock, just a bit lower pitched.

You may want to make sure everything on the pedal is tight. You can get a stronger spring and try doing the TPS reset. My 2014 does not have much slop in either the pedal or the response to mashing

Reactions: Piper71w

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Check for slack in the throttle cable, adjuster is below and behind the belt cover, ours had a lot of slack and you had to move the pedal a lot before motor responded

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Check for slack in the throttle cable, adjuster is below and behind the belt cover, ours had a lot of slack and you had to move the pedal a lot before motor responded
^^^What he said ^^^

A stronger throttle spring also helped me take a lot of jerkiness out of rough trails.

My new Sport also had a ton of slack in throttle cable, you'd think a machine that's been out some 5 yrs dealers would know to adjust that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
your need is a better and stronger throttle spring from this Forum's sponsors... I did the upgrade and love it...

·
Registered
60 Posts
your need is a better and stronger throttle spring from this Forum's sponsors... I did the upgrade and love it...
Who’s the sponsor that makes this throttle spring? I adjusted my cable but still feel there is a smoother throttle response to be had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had a 2015 sport, put the speedwerx stage 2 exterminator kit on 'er with Q6 muffler. Loved it! Good sound, power, pick up. For me it was the perfect upgrade. 1st time I ever had any experience with a power commander. Guys at speedwerx walked me right thru the download. All the other bolt ons were cake.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Who’s the sponsor that makes this throttle spring? I adjusted my cable but still feel there is a smoother throttle response to be had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speedwerx throttle pedal spring. Works great for fine input situations, and smoother for reverse. I think it is good prevention in reverse for the piss poor reverse chain I've heard issues about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts