Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running the KM3 and love the tire.
Went riding in the mountains last week, hard ride lots of sharp rocks etc. and with this guy you haul ass or jeopardize getting lost. Seriously though he ran hard as I was and believe it or not he was running 29 inch high KO2 light truck tires, say he has 8000 miles on them . I am impressed, and he had one blow out and they replaced it no questions asked.
Anyone have any opinion or feedback about how they would work on our Wildcat xx cars.
Honestly when I saw the tires before we left I was thinking blow out! We did over a hundred miles in sharp rocks on steep mountain trails I saw some real hardcore can openers just laying in wait for that unsuspecting sidewall and not a single issue, impressive.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Interesting. 44 lbs for the 31x10.5x15.

Our Behemoths are getting pretty worn at 2400 miles. I may try these.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 30" KM3s on my car. I weighed them the other day. On Tusk bead lock rims, they came in at 59 lbs The stock wheels and tires came in at 49 lbs.

I checked Rocky Mtn and the rims weigh just under 19 lbs. So the 30" KM3s are right around 40 lbs.

I'm gonna give Tensor DS 32s a try. According to the Tensor site, they come in at 34.5 lbs. Trying to get back to stock weight with beadlocks and a taller tire.

·
Registered
152 Posts
while weight could be an issue its usually 5-10lbs max (it's like the what oil should I use threads), the bigger issue with a truck tire is the weight rating (probably a 6ply "C-104S" rated 1800lbs) and how the sidewalls hold UP.

good - they tend to be stronger and not get cut
bad - they don't flex due to being a higher load rating, but this could also be good....

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Something I just learned about the KM3 is that there are light truck and UTV versions. Both are called Mud-Terrain T/A KM3, but the 30x9.5x15 lt truck version is 46 lbs and the 30x10x15 UTV version is a hair under 40. Both weights are from the BFG website. My guess is that all of that weight is in the sidewall to get the desired load rating.

An acquaintance is running an off-brand Chinese lt truck tire on his Talon. He compensates for the stiffer sidewall by running very, very low pressures. Someone pointed out that he was getting a lot of sidewall flex during a run. When he checked, it didn't even register on his gauge. He has a few thousand miles on them, so allowing the sidewall to flex doesn't seem to be an issue on that particular lt truck tire.

Reactions: mtgott
1 - 5 of 5 Posts