Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one doing the BITD this summer? I flew out and did it on an atv last August... It's what sold me on getting my Renegade 1000 and now the Wildcat. I suspect the Cat will do well given the suspension. Any thoughts? Anyone else do it last year (2011)? Anyone planning on it this year? I wonder if AC will sponsor a team... I want get on it if so.. ha

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet! yeah I had a friend do it when it was a 1000 miles. He didn't but to pit 2 or 3 before the engine went out. They were on a quad. Then last year the same buddy and I flew out and met up with his nephew. We had a 250R Quad setup for the race but the week before the motor seized up. So he dropped 4k on a Honda 450R and we ran it bone stock... got to pit 6 or 7 and I hit a rock about a mile outside the pits and busted a chain... after 2 hours of getting it back together we made it to pit 9 or so but missed the cutoff by like 15 minutes... Man it was a blast and I can't wait to do it again. This time I will be much more prepared...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Man I miss V2R! I used to race a quad in Best In The Desert and that was by far my favorite race! I always had thoughts of racing my RZR but the cost is so much more than a quad. Plus even after hundreds of hours of suspension setup on the RZR, it just wasn't ever quite what I was looking for. That thing hauled ass but it would still scare you every once in a while. When I went to Barstow and the rep let me hold the Wildcat flat out through the g-outs in the whoop sections, I came home and sold the RZR! lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha sweet... I will be very curious to see what AC does for sponsoring a cat in the this years race.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
SO Is This A Race For Any One That Shows Up ?
Is There A Website ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Best in the Desert Off Road Racing is the website

General Tire Vegas To Reno is the link to the race

No this isn't something you just show up and race. It's the longest race in the US and it's something you WILL want to prepare for. This is the Baja 1000 of the USA. A couple of years ago it was a 1000 miles then they shortened it up to 500. I don't know what it will be this year, details will come out in June. They told us during last years race that this will be better under the new sponsor.... Only time will tell. Look it up!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I could... I am sure there will be several this year. I will have to see how this summer goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts