Wildcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Unseasonably cold here, like most everywhere. Didn't even reach 70 today.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
How do they say it in the Reece's ads? Oh, yeah - Sorry, not sorry!

Reactions: mtgott

·
Premium Member
7,799 Posts
heat wave here today...82*...but only 9* at our colorado digs...what's another 73*?...

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
We are warmer than you are, it's only 10 below here, still snowing lightly. We have probably received 6-7 inches of snow so far but it is very dry powder type. Verlla & I are doing fine, she got her two covid shots and I have had the first one. I have been busy converting my machine shop over to a wood shop, keeps me busy and out of her hair. Sounds like the guys here are going to go back to the Hills this springs again, this time I think we will trailer our rides so we have more time to ride in the Hills. You and Teri stay warm and healthy. Hopefully the whole gang will be able to show up to this years Clowder so we can all razz Dean and Darcy.
Look forward to it Roy!! Brenda and I really missed seeing everyone last year. We literally had the toy hauler hooked to the truck and it was a last minute decision, but when her dad had those 2 minor strokes, we decided to stay back just in case. She felt bad for me by not going, but I told her there's always next year and family is WAY more important.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
heat wave here today...82*...but only 9* at our colorado digs...what's another 73*?...
Well I'm sitting here in the dark because the power has been off most of the day since 2am
Temperature is getting warmer 17 degrees with a wind chill of 5.
I know that is a walk in the park for most of you boys but this southern boy is use to those 50,60 and 70 degree winters.
Oh well IMO it's still better than 100 degree days.

Reactions: DeanTeck and mtgott

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
25 below this morning and I have rifle squad at the vets cemetery at 1 pm today. At least we're finally supposed to get above 0 for a high today, been a long time

·
Premium Member
7,799 Posts
what are your winds like up there mark?...when we've had services up in leadville in january with the winds blowing i'm glad for all my extra blubber...thank you for your services to the fallen...not many of us around any more to do them...can't get the young blood vets to help out as they're busy with jobs/families...

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Just got back from VFW and vets cemetery, was actually 5 above and very light winds, felt like spring. Last week one night we had 25 below and 40 mph wind gusts , made the house and me both creak and groan.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Just got back from VFW and vets cemetery, was actually 5 above and very light winds, felt like spring. Last week one night we had 25 below and 40 mph wind gusts , made the house and me both creak and groan.
Mark, glad that the weather cooperated with you just a little. We have warmed up to 29 here now, snow is melting off the blacktop. I have my trail parked in the shop with my woodworking gear and after reading that you had new shocks I looked at mine. Found three of them leaking oil, sawdust really makes it show up, so I bit the bullet and ordered myself a set of the Bandit shocks. Will have to see if there is a market for the Bandit springs that I have on there now. How long did you have to wait for delivery?

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Roy it seems like there are people looking for Bandit springs constantly on the facebook Wildcat Riders group. Some of them have to be Trail owners.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Roy it seems like there are people looking for Bandit springs constantly on the facebook Wildcat Riders group. Some of them have to be Trail owners.
Thanks Mark for that tip, might have to use Verlla's account to check that out after I get the Bandit's installed.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Roy, I sold mine on the Wildcat rider group but I imagine if you put them up for sale here,they will sell especially if Bandit is out of stock when you are selling them.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Roy, I sold mine on the Wildcat rider group but I imagine if you put them up for sale here,they will sell especially if Bandit is out of stock when you are selling them.
Jim, when did you replace your shocks? Did the upgrade make a big improvement in the ride?

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I replaced them last year after the S.D. trip.
I was debating between the Bandit 46 and Elka stage 3.
Bandit's had a faster turn around time and few hundred dollars cheaper.

Once you tweek them a little.
It does make a big difference compared to the factory fox shocks.So far I like them.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Roy, once the shocks were back in stock and I could place an order they were here in less than a week. Have to say the quality and finish looks great but it's going to have to warm up a bunch before I install them. I'm in the same boat with springs, I have 200, 240 Bandits on my old shocks also.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Just talked with Keith at Wild Bill's. There are still 6 campsites available 30amp full hookup and some cabins. Make your reservations now if you haven't. See you all soon!

41 - 60 of 73 Posts