Wildcat Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
dastew, THANK YOU for posting that info. Also, a thank you to Jim and Mary, who were willing to give us their space and move to another campsite. When I called a few weeks ago, I was told they were completely sold out of full hookup sites, but obviously there was some sort of miscommunication. 30 amp at that time of year will do nicely for us. The 13th was booked, but we have a reservation arriving on 6/14 and departing 6/20.

As before, we will stop in Lovell, WY to visit the Prior Mtn wild horses either before or after our week in SD. We do a loop up and down and the ride itself is fun - nothing too challenging, but rough enough to keep the soccer-mom SUVs out. The horses are spectacular. We will be staying at the Horseshoe Bend campground in the Bighorn Canyon Recreation Area. I'll wait a few days before we make reservations at Horseshoe Bend in case someone wants to join us there.

·
Premium Member
7,799 Posts
just a heads up...just spoke with keith at wild bills...they will have 4 new cabins available during the time we're having the clowder...make that 3 cabins as we're arriving june 14th and leaving june 21st...the other 3 cabins are available june 14th but have to be vacated on june 20th...only 6 days...these cabins are being finished up now and don't show on their website or on the map...they're over by rv sites 59 thru 63 on the map so not too far from the 14 - 22 block of sites...

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Since this is our first rodeo... Wondering is it is Kosher to bring some stuff/parts to the Clowder that are gathering dust in my garage? You can see most of what I'm bringing @
Spring Cleaning 2fer sale..
in the for sale area of the forum. (BTW... The adjustable seat bases are still in my garage) Disregard all prices... we can talk about them over a glass around the fire. ;)

Reactions: mtgott

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I have a Race Pace spare tire rack for sale. If any of the attendees are interested I'll bring it along. But... as we are headed to Vermont to visit other friends after the Clowder, I don't wish to haul it all the way around the states.
20201110_080551_resized (2).jpg

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Since Gate Crasher has broached the topic, I have the following leftovers from our '15 X that I could bring:
  • All of the take-off parts replaced by the OEM rear axle upgrade kit (axles, knuckles, hubs) plus rotors. $75
  • Two rear PitBull Rocker tires (27x11x14) with less than 250 miles on them. $80 for the pair (almost $500 new)
  • MCXpress turbo kit w/ extras. $2,000 (firm)
Message me for details. I won't bring the parts unless someone is interested.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Since Gate Crasher has broached the topic, I have the following leftovers from our '15 X that I could bring:
  • All of the take-off parts replaced by the OEM rear axle upgrade kit (axles, knuckles, hubs) plus rotors. $75
  • Two rear PitBull Rocker tires (27x11x14) with less than 250 miles on them. $80 for the pair (almost $500 new)
  • MCXpress turbo kit w/ extras. $2,000 (firm)
Message me for details. I won't bring the parts unless someone is interested.
Oh sure... Blame it on me. :D

Reactions: dspete05

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
We just made reservations for Horseshoe Bend campground near Lovell, WY, arriving Friday June 11th and heading to SD on the 14th. We plan to ride up to visit the Pryor Mtn wild horses on the 12th and 13th. If you watch "Yellowstone", Rip released the horse that wasn't wild enough for rodeo, but too wild to ride into the Pryor Mtn range. Two of the routes up the mountain are just challenging enough to make the ride fun even without the horses.

Looks like we will have at least one other couple joining us. Should be fun!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Leaving for the BlackHills in 49 days, but who is counting

Reactions: dspete05 and mtgott

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
What?

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
46 for us.

Here is a travel tip if you are coming from the West: I have a good friend that is a geologist, and I've made a couple of I-90 road trips with him. Greg points out interesting mining or geology stuff along the way, and Butte, MT is the quintessential mining town (city). Dannie & I stayed over an extra day last trip to do the World Museum of Mining & Orphan Girl mine tour. Very worthwhile. We also picked up some Butte trivia: I don't know the criteria applied to determine is a city was "electrified", but Butte claims to be third in the world, behind Paris and London. They obviously put some of that copper they were pulling out of the ground to good use.

Reactions: mtgott

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well now you did it! I have some 2014 1000x parts i.e.
2 - New OEM belts
1 - Bad Dawg moulded trunk
1 - Reciever hitch
1 - Set of AJs front fender flares
1 - 2018 rear axle
1 - custom fit TOWABLE cover

P.M. me if anything interests you. All dirt cheap offers considered. Pennies on the dollar. New ride in March, none of this fits my Talon! See ya all there.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts