Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't remember if i have asked this question, but any one else have the blow off valve open under part throttle? I think when i am at a steady pace mine is leaking because i can hear it. anyone else notice this. Maybe this is why i might be low on power or part of the reason.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I would request a replacement from the supplier as this one is not working correctly. the Turbo will not build max pressure with it leaking off under boost.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. I put 2 washers under the spring and it helped but am still going to replace it. It really needs a filter on it anyway for the environments that we use them in...my RZR has a filter on the bov on it amd it works perfect, I just cant seem to find the brand or where it came from on it anywhere.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I PMed the PO of my kit and ask where he got the BOV on mine. Will let you know if he chimes in.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My gauge does show 10 psi and I only hear the leak at part throttle. I will have to see if I can take it apart and shim it then. It takes awhile to build boost and I am still using the weighs I had before the turbo.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Yes it's the one I have on my Silber kit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
image.jpeg The BOV that is on my silber blows off at part throttle as well. I called Silber and they explained it to me like this, if the throttle plate in the throttle body is part way opened and the inlet pressure (boost) is higher than the outlet (intake) pressure, the style of BOV I have will release pressure because the regulating tube is connected on the intake side of the throttle plate. Mine will do it at any pressure from -5" to say 5# pressure and as soon as I move the throttle down it will stop until,it sees a difference across the throttle plate. Hope this helps. Probably nothing wrong with yours. Mine is similar to the one in the photo but not as nice!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having this problem too...my friend said it could be the tune or the blowoff valve? If it is the blowoff valve what could the problem be? It’s a bomba BOV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts