Wildcat Forum banner

Blown belt and rear differential 2013 Wildcat 4 1000

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Patrick 
#1 ·
Hey all, purchased a 2013 Wildcat 4 with 3000 miles on it. Ran great for about 300 miles had some noises from the rear but kept going ok. Last week after running through a stream my rear dif went out completely. I put the cat in 4 wheel drive to get back to the trailer but about 5 miles away from the trailer the belt fried. I think with the rear dif "catching every now and again as the bearings completely fried" starting striping the belt until it gave. After reading a lot on these forums, and pulling the rear dif and replacing the bearings and just ordered a new pinion gear as mine was to worn down to allow the needle bearings to fit properly I moved on to the belt. Already have a replacement but after pulling the cover all the rollers are flopping around inside the clutch? The repair manual completely skips how these are supposed to look or how to put them back in place. Anyone have a picture of how it's supposed to look or video would even be better? Ideas about making improvements? I've a friend who rides snowmobiles and he told me the cat use clutched wrong as it'll only rev to about 5600 and only do about 55mph, but he didn't know how to do that, LOL.

So questions:
How should the rollers look correctly installed on a 2013 Wildcat 4 1000?
How to I re-clutch it to allow it to rev higher?

Anything else I should be worried about?

Thanks a lot for any info!

Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
First I’m not a clutch guru so I will leave that to others. Glad you were able to repair the rear diff. Every time I change diff oil it looks aweful which my machine is a 2018 with 1300 miles on it....I change my rear diff oil often and it always looks the same. I had a 13.5 2 seat with the same findings. What size tires are you running on that machine? Possible that they put tires on it and never did anything to mod the clutch to match. They are great machines and I’m sure once u get this worked out you will be very happy with it.

#3 ·
The other thing to check is your throttle position sensor to make sure it reads 100% to do that push the Two buttons on the speedometer for 10 seconds to put it in diagnostic mode then scroll to TPS and depress the gas pedal with the engine off and it should read close to 100% if not 100. If it does not read 100% there is a cable behind the passenger seat with a little rubber boot on it pull that rubber boot back and that’s where you can adjust it

#5 ·
Cant help with pics, sorry. Search button or google will be your best friend. As far as rollers, make sure they are all same color which signifies roller weights. If you have 2 or 4 that are different colors, then you need to make sure each different colored weight is directly opposite of the other to ensure the clutch is spinning without wobbles.

#7 ·
Take a few minutes and read this thread:

https://www.wildcatforums.net/forum...uzzy-wcd-back-slugged-wet-clutch-primary.html

The wet clutch is the easiest clutch to tune, if you don't want to slug it right now then 8 greens and re-clocking the secondary to C-1will bring the cat alive. Always slightly scuff the sheaves before re-assembly, PM me your email addy and I'll send you some reading material..

BTW I'm on the other side of the hump (Rangely)

#10 ·
Give Sand n Sea (Robert) a PM. IMO, he's the best diff guy on this site, and has helped out many, including yours truly. He knows these diffs like no one else. Good luck.

#11 ·
That's really weird. Someone must have swapped engines cause all the 4 seaters came with team clutches. You have the early engine in it. The 4s came out in 2013.5 which is when the team clutches came out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.