Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew a belt at 1300 miles on my 18 XX. I was doing about 40 and in full acceleration when it went. No big deal- knew what it was right away. What I wasn’t expecting was the cover to be blown off and the oil sump line to be torn off. It naturally dumped all the oil all over the primary and secondary and well, about everything else on that side. Anybody seen this before and is there a shield mod yet? If not- mine will have one before the next time out.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
That's a good tip. I had previously thought the plastic cover was pretty convenient. Now I'm not so sure!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a belt blow at full speed 70mph and the clutch cover blew right off. All the quick clips came un done. Not a big deal. The issue for me was the rear lower clip can touch the left inner cv boot and possibly damage it. Thats something to watch.
also everytime i blow a belt it ruins my clutch cover seal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My clutch cover seal got wasted too. Surprising that you didn’t loose the oil line too. It’s in a pretty vulnerable spot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have seen this happen. There deinately needs to be a belt guard/scatter shield implimented into the design. I have looked closely at everything and it seems like the easiest design would be a clamp on system that goes to the horizontal tube behind and above the belt box. This would not stop damage from happening to the cover , but it should stop it from destroying the oil line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts