Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have bought 2 belts directly from arctic cat and had 2 knock off belts both get obliterated
Common things to look for...My first guess is check clutch alignment (someone makes an alignment tool), next is excessive heat (there is a mod for a 4” blower motor and you can get temp gauge for it) (Do you live in the desert?), also incorrect belt deflection, improper belt break in, broken motor mount, clutch adjustment, slipping belt.
If it is hitting that drain plug something is very loose and it would probably drive bad.
There are guys who have spent years tuning clutches (especially snowmobiles) they are wizards. Find one if you can.
Good luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the info. I don’t live in the desert. The last 2 belts it ate were within 5 min being in low gear under 25mph. I looked online at a parts diagram and noticed it was missing a shim or two(god only knows what the previous owner did) Hopefully I can get it up and running. I will look for the clutch alignment tool.
5 minutes?!?! That is bad..... and it's not slipping the whole time or stuck clutch?? Then alignment?
Run it with the cover off to see what's happening. I've eyballed a belt on a modded sled and it lasted a lot longer than that.
If you can't find answers here look through snowmobile forums. Same idea, but those guys change clutches on a way more common scale than SXS guys.
GL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for all the help. I spoke to one of the guys at mlspowersports in the parts department and he checked with the service department and there is not a clutch alignment tool for the wildcat 4. When I looked for 1 there are 2 different tools hence why I called mls to make sure I got the correct one.
Check with Speedwerx... I would call to check fitment.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Too bad... I've seen them for tons of other machines.
Good luck on your issue.
I called Speedwerx the other day they said there is not a clutch alignment tool for the wildcat 4. I did pick up the clutch kit for tires over 30” hopefully get it installed this week
I thought someone must have one.... Sorry... I see them for so many machines. Hopefully that isn't your problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts

PG 81 (actually pg 79 in the book) is all I can find in the service manual... something to check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts