Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had my cat for almost a year now and have went through a few belts. I put a brand new belt on yesterday went not event a mile from my home in low gear to break in the belt and smelled it burning came back home and cover was hot to the touch. Broke everything back down and new belt is toast. It’s not breaking from the inside teeth but the outside of the belt is ripping and shredding. That brought me to inspect to see if I didn’t clean the case very well before I reinstalled. I found this bolt on the case cover.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread

is this factory or did the previous owner put in a screw that is too long? Sorry for the second edit. Put on a non used belt/ came with the buggy when I bought it. Ate the belt wishing 1 mile. Broke everything down and started looking at removing the primary clutch and noticed the head to the center bolt is broke off. Any suggestions on how to get that out?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I don’t live in the desert. The last 2 belts it ate were within 5 min being in low gear under 25mph. I looked online at a parts diagram and noticed it was missing a shim or two(god only knows what the previous owner did) Hopefully I can get it up and running. I will look for the clutch alignment tool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread Wheel

with this one I smelt the belt burning and shut the machine down and pulled the cover and found the ring. My dad put on the other belt and went 1mile down the road and walked home and the belt was in pieces in the case. That’s when I found The head broken off the bolt on the clutch because I was going to pull it off to make sure everything was clean before putting on a new belt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for all the help. I spoke to one of the guys at mlspowersports in the parts department and he checked with the service department and there is not a clutch alignment tool for the wildcat 4. When I looked for 1 there are 2 different tools hence why I called mls to make sure I got the correct one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I called Speedwerx the other day they said there is not a clutch alignment tool for the wildcat 4. I did pick up the clutch kit for tires over 30” hopefully get it installed this week

1 - 10 of 10 Posts