Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered front and rear pads from ebay for 2015 Artic Cat Wildcat Sport, the site is for Monster pads.
Got them and they were all for the rear. Called company (won't name them) and they checked and said they were given wrong info from AC .
They were very nice about their mistake and paid for the return of all pads. They returned my money through PayPal.
BTW they have yet to change the mistake on their site so be careful if you order because you will get rear only

I cannot find aftermarket brakes for the Sport. Tried several places like EBC Moose etc but nothing for front.
Artic cat list them for an arm and a leg for one side only. I think the price is like $40 for one side. That's $80 for the front. Then there is the rear.
Have any of you bought aftermarket brake pads for the sport? I do know they take a different pad than the Trail.
Brakes for the 1000 are plentiful on the net at a good price but nothing for the Sport

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
It appears the dual piston caliper used on the Sport is unique(AC pad set 2502-217). Was hoping the newer front dual piston caliper on the WildcatX and 4 would be the same pad set but that's not the case. Interesting the rear pad set for The Sport(AC 1436-420) fits the Trail Front and Rear of the Trail and Rear of the fullsize X's, yet they went with different dual piston front calipers on the Sport and X..... Curious to know if front X pads would in fact work with the front Sport calipers, might just be a part# issue? I couldn't find a aftertermarket pad set for the front of our Sports either so I guess for now it's Oem.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheapest I've found for OEM is $95 for all four corners at 2015 Arctic Cat WILDCAT SPORT LIMITED BLACK (U2015W8T2PUSJ) HYDRAULIC BRAKE ASSEMBLY | Babbitts Arctic Cat Partshouse. Everywhere I've looked says qty 2 brake pad kit for the rear, qty 1 brake pad kit for the front. Doesn't make sense to me. Asked them about it & they said the qty on the parts list will cover the whole machine. Haven't found much for aftermarket pads.
drpalo when they say 1 brake pad kit for the front, that is only one side (I checked on that with AC)

·
Registered
624 Posts
drpalo when they say 1 brake pad kit for the front, that is only one side (I checked on that with AC)
Apparently the lady that got back with me don't know what she's talking about. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

I have 4 arctic wildcat sport limited edition 700cc from 2016. Need to change the front brake pads but I'm not sure which one it is: 1436-420 or 2502-217

Would be great if somebody can confirm that.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Giuseppe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts