Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 wildcat trail xt with 650 ish miles on it I’m the second owner and I’ve put half those on it so idk what it was like the first 300 miles and this is my first SXS but are the brakes on it supposed to be super firm. Like I can push it all the way to the floor and it will slow down very slowly. Like a car if you push it to the floor it will fully stop instantly. This doesn’t. From about 30 mph I need 10 feet to fully stop.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds like the brakes need to be bled ,the pedal should be up top and firm .mine stops on a dime.and it's a 2017 with 5 k .

·
Registered
704 Posts
Maybe first owner didn't burnish the pads and they aren't performing. My '15 locks up if you try to and always has confident braking. Only time it may feel like what you describe is if you come out of a lot of water then they can feel inadequate. After a good application and the heat they are top notch again.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If the first owner did some mud running with it and didn't get the brake calipers cleaned out afterward, the dried up mud can make the calipers stick and the brakes won't work very good (Ask me how I know that...?).

The pads might be glazed over now. Usually if you take the pads out and sand them down on a smooth surface with emery cloth, that will take the glaze off and they'll start working again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was never happy with the brakes on my trail. They stopped well, but when pushing hard in the trail I felt like they would fade and get squishy. I chose to put sport spindles and break calipers on mine. I believe it eliminated the issue. Of course, I'm the one that spent the money. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts