Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had their brand new XX leak out the entire contents of their coolant without even riding it?
The machine sat in my garage while I got insurance and finished my work week, (it was roughly a week it was sitting) and when I took it out of my garage and started to pre-trip it there was a puddle under it. There was nothing under it where it sat in my garage, it only started doing once I moved it. I checked the reservoir and it was down half. I contacted the dealership, who didn't seem all that concerned about it, and took it in 2 weeks later. The rest of the coolant had leaked out by this point.
They had it a day and claim they can't find anything. I wasn't able to pick it up and I'm hoping they actually look at it again.
Any ideas on what my options are? Do I refuse to take it back until they fix it?
It's concerning, I got the extended warranty and if they're this lax now I can only imagine in a couple years.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Check the hose clamps inside the cab. You have to take the center console off or possibly the skid plate underneath. One of mine had a leak but the other didn’t. Find a new dealer.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Check the hose clamps inside the cab. You have to take the center console off or possibly the skid plate underneath. One of mine had a leak but the other didn’t. Find a new dealer.
Yep...has to be the lowest point to loose all the fluid. Let it sit idling at the dealer and come up to temp when you go to pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check it out when I get it back. The next closest dealer is 2 hours away, unfortunately. From what I've been told, they aren't too much better. Kinda stuck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep...has to be the lowest point to loose all the fluid. Let it sit idling at the dealer and come up to temp when you go to pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll definitely make sure to do that. I'm going to be going over it with a fine toothed comb before I leave that place

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
If you get a bad vibe, you might ask them to describe the coolant bleeding process, "just in case I need to do it again". They should describe a bleed hose with a plug in the end. The hose ends to the right of the oil tank. The procedure is on page 71 of the FSM.

Good luck!

Reactions: KCL

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Brother in laws xx leaked brand new at a hose clamp right behind the drivers seat on the bleeder hose but it would run down and drip off another hose clamp. He would run for 10 miles no leakage, park it and there would be a puddle. We chased it down after a few rides. Check all the clamps.

Reactions: KCL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you get a bad vibe, you might ask them to describe the coolant bleeding process, "just in case I need to do it again". They should describe a bleed hose with a plug in the end. The hose ends to the right of the oil tank. The procedure is on page 71 of the FSM.

Good luck!
Thank you! I'll keep this in mind.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brother in laws xx leaked brand new at a hose clamp right behind the drivers seat on the bleeder hose but it would run down and drip off another hose clamp. He would run for 10 miles no leakage, park it and there would be a puddle. We chased it down after a few rides. Check all the clamps.
I'm going to go after the dealer and make them go through every clamp if they try to tell me it isn't leaking. The machine has no ride time on it and they charge 900 dollars for PDI, so I think they should earn that ridiculous amount.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Just remembered we also had a hose going to the thermostat or water pump can’t remember that had a small leak from the factory. It was weeping under pressure from the hose end traveling down the nylon reinforcements inside the hose. Like a tunnel in the rubber.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone else had their brand new XX leak out the entire contents of their coolant without even riding it?
The machine sat in my garage while I got insurance and finished my work week, (it was roughly a week it was sitting) and when I took it out of my garage and started to pre-trip it there was a puddle under it. There was nothing under it where it sat in my garage, it only started doing once I moved it. I checked the reservoir and it was down half. I contacted the dealership, who didn't seem all that concerned about it, and took it in 2 weeks later. The rest of the coolant had leaked out by this point.
They had it a day and claim they can't find anything. I wasn't able to pick it up and I'm hoping they actually look at it again.
Any ideas on what my options are? Do I refuse to take it back until they fix it?
It's concerning, I got the extended warranty and if they're this lax now I can only imagine in a couple years.
Be sure to stay on top of the warranty part if there is issues.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Just remembered we also had a hose going to the thermostat or water pump can’t remember that had a small leak from the factory. It was weeping under pressure from the hose end traveling down the nylon reinforcements inside the hose. Like a tunnel in the rubber.
I just talked to a guy last night and his hose came loose on the thermostat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Good luck!
Bad vibe is an understatement. They didn't even check anything. Admitted as much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, an update. The dealership didn't even look into anything. Just said it wouldn't leak for them so they can't see anything wrong. I don't thing they even had an actual mechanic look at it. I've put 5 kilometres on this machine and I'm severely regretting giving Arctic Cat another chance at this point.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Sucks to have a dealer like that and no other to go to? Guess I would take it home and get looking myself for the leak. Should be pretty easy to find if you’ve seen coolant on the ground before and look at it this way, opening up your buggy is a good way to get to know more about it. What are you going to do when your way out on the trail and something like this happens?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sucks to have a dealer like that and no other to go to? Guess I would take it home and get looking myself for the leak. Should be pretty easy to find if you’ve seen coolant on the ground before and look at it this way, opening up your buggy is a good way to get to know more about it. What are you going to do when your way out on the trail and something like this happens?
I understand that and wouldn't have a problem with going in myself if it wasn't brand new and doing this without any actual riding time. The thing is this machine had 2kms on it and leaked all the coolant then the dealership denied it happened. It's about them not doing their job. Their PDI cost is ridiculous and they don't seem to want to do their job.
The next closest dealer is 2 hours away.
Will tinkering myself void my warranties?
Also, what is fuel consumption like? I'm down almost a quarter tank already with less than 10 total kilometres of use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understand that and wouldn't have a problem with going in myself if it wasn't brand new and doing this without any actual riding time. The thing is this machine had 2kms on it and leaked all the coolant then the dealership denied it happened. It's about them not doing their job. Their PDI cost is ridiculous and they don't seem to want to do their job.
The next closest dealer is 2 hours away.
Will tinkering myself void my warranties?
Also, what is fuel consumption like? I'm down almost a quarter tank already with less than 10 total kilometres of use.
Unfortunately the days of doing what is right are fading away. There are good dealers out there but you have to be willing to travel sometimes. If you decide to jump into fixing it download the service manual & read how to bleed the system when you are finished. Also note what you found & what you did. Call Textron’s customer service & let them know that the dealer isn’t willing to correct the problem & it’s several hrs to another dealer. Cover your bases in case there is a warranty issue. Otherwise they assume you are incompetent & will throw it out the window.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately the days of doing what is right are fading away. There are good dealers out there but you have to be willing to travel sometimes. If you decide to jump into fixing it download the service manual & read how to bleed the system when you are finished. Also note what you found & what you did. Call Textron’s customer service & let them know that the dealer isn’t willing to correct the problem & it’s several hrs to another dealer. Cover your bases in case there is a warranty issue. Otherwise they assume you are incompetent & will throw it out the window.
Speaking from experience if you aren’t proactive & assume they will do the right thing you may not be pleased with the outcome.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I hate to be a Debbie but the reality is these are good machines with very poor dealer support. In reality, you need to take the bull by the horns and address the problem yourself. (my apologies for sounding like a jerk) Stant makes a coolant system leak detector that pressurizes the entire system. It is fairly easy to use. The reality is that if you have one leak you could have many more. I have always been surprised when I have used the tester on my sxs with how many small leaks I found (kawasaki teryx) around the hose clamps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hate to be a Debbie but the reality is these are good machines with very poor dealer support. In reality, you need to take the bull by the horns and address the problem yourself. (my apologies for sounding like a jerk) Stant makes a coolant system leak detector that pressurizes the entire system. It is fairly easy to use. The reality is that if you have one leak you could have many more. I have always been surprised when I have used the tester on my sxs with how many small leaks I found (kawasaki teryx) around the hose clamps.
You're good.
I'm definitely learning that, I've dealt with this dealer for 4 other machines and thought they'd actually treat me well. None of those machines had issues, and 2 were Arctic Cats. Never had an issue with either one.
I'm used to dealing with companies that stand behind their product, so this is pretty new to me. As soon as my factory warranty is finished in not bothering with them. I'll check with the extended company to see if I can do my own stuff.
I'll look up that leak detector, hopefully it's available locally.
Thank you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts