Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
IMO, you'd be better getting a new case / cover if possible. If you can't find new, look for salvaged or junk yard parts.

Reactions: Jcbowman42

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
No new cases. This failure will be what junks a lot of 1000 / X Wildcats.

Repair is possible. Use the search feature and you will see several threads. People have repaired similarly deep breaks.

Reactions: Jcbowman42 and Dean

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks figured. Where can you find junk yards with side by sides or junk parts places iv never found any are there some online ?

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Tut has a case for sale in the classifieds section of the forum.

A salvage operation in Canada sells parts via ebay. They had a case listed about a year ago. You can do a search for completed listings and find them. If they know there is a buyer waiting, they might pickup another Wildcat to part-out.

Not sure if you know this, but the case consists of three pieces, bolted together and machined as a set. I don't think anyone knows how repeatable the process was, and whether you could get away with mixing pieces, but that may quickly be the only way to keep these things running.

Why I mention this, is that a friend (Marcus) had the passenger side break on his '16X last year. Idaho Rigging in Priest River, ID is an AC dealer and they did the repairs. Knowing that the case is no longer in production, I think they kept the case parts. You could give them a call and see if they still have the driver's side and bottom, and if it looks like the passenger side could be repaired. If not, I have a good passenger side you could have for the cost of shipping. That would allow you to see if you have a workable case before tearing down your engine.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Thanks figured. Where can you find junk yards with side by sides or junk parts places iv never found any are there some online ?
Depends where you are located?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tut has a case for sale in the classifieds section of the forum.

A salvage operation in Canada sells parts via ebay. They had a case listed about a year ago. You can do a search for completed listings and find them. If they know there is a buyer waiting, they might pickup another Wildcat to part-out.

Not sure if you know this, but the case consists of three pieces, bolted together and machined as a set. I don't think anyone knows how repeatable the process was, and whether you could get away with mixing pieces, but that may quickly be the only way to keep these things running.

Why I mention this, is that a friend (Marcus) had the passenger side break on his '16X last year. Idaho Rigging in Priest River, ID is an AC dealer and they did the repairs. Knowing that the case is no longer in production, I think they kept the case parts. You could give them a call and see if they still have the driver's side and bottom, and if it looks like the passenger side could be repaired. If not, I have a good passenger side you could have for the cost of shipping. That would allow you to see if you have a workable case before tearing down your engine.
Thanks for the information I seem to not find any one selling a case for my 2014 x limited
1000 and the passenger side is fine just need the middle case and driver side

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Middle case? There is a right, left and lower. The stator cover is not part of the case, and is still available.

I'm pretty sure any year of 1000 or X will work. Of course the last couple of years have the best reinforcement in the starter drive area.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
You can weld the case boss back on and reinforce it so won't happen again. This can be done without taking the engine apart, but the engine must be taken out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can weld the case boss back on and reinforce it so won't happen again. This can be done without taking the engine apart, but the engine must be taken out.
10-4 that’s the plan after reading and seeing pictures of other doing it just got to get it out the of the machine now yay!!!!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
10-4 that’s the plan after reading and seeing pictures of other doing it just got to get it out the of the machine now yay!!!!
Use the old stator cover as a template for the gear shaft alignment. You can cut non-structural areas off of it the help with sighting alignment. Purchase/use the longer gear shaft as well as reuse the broken off boss. Get a new/used stator cover for final assembly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts