Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sent it too hard this weekend and broke my right rear lower arm tabs off at the knuckle. Anybody have any pics of the best way to beef these up?

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
How about a picture.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics below. I am making a gusset kit to beef up the tabs and the lower arm in general to keep this from happening again. I will also be using stronger bolts and locktite... After further inspection it seems this issue was caused by a nut/bolt coming a little loose and it allowed the knuckle to wallow out the holes in the tabs and eventually with a little bit of deflection backing up a hill it gave out.
IMG_20190817_125912741.jpg IMG_20190817_125909234.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Get a new a arm or used one from somebody that has put aftermarket ones on and beef them up from there.

·
Registered
645 Posts
How were the bushings? How are your other bushings? If those are worn that will allow the holes to wallow out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a used arm to swap onto it. I think I am just going to try to beef up that tab area by welding thicker tabs outside and then using longer bolts. The bushings were all fine, they had been replaced with delrin ones. The bolt out at the knuckle was worn way down so I think what happened is that bolt loosened and wore itself and the tab down enough to allow enough deflection to break them off somehow. Still a weird break though, nothing else was damaged literally only the tabs on the lower arm. once it was strapped up it drove back to the trailer just fine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have broken 2 right rear a arms almost the same as yours only mine are breaking a little further up on the weld & kinda in a C shape, to the point now that every other weekend I’m pulling the wheel off so I can take the nut off at the knuckle to make sure the hole is not ovaling out (I should buy stock in loctite) would love to see pics of what you do exactly to beef them up, before I buy an extra a arm to carry around, last one broke 35 miles away from home out in the woods all by myself... not a good time

·
Registered
21 Posts
Broke tabs right rear on my 14 awhile ago welded back on with gussets.Been out a few times looks good i ride the machine pretty hard 4500kms.They broke clean no twisting easy to fit back on,only thing i could see was my tubes were seized in after market bushing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
IMG_20190904_113336692.jpg
This is what I have. We will see how it goes. I am going to need to use 10mm longer bolts but this should prevent the holes from wallowing out anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
are there any after market rear a-arms for the wildcat? i have the same issue with my wifes trail. broke in the same place. i would love to have something stronger. any suggestions?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are there any after market rear a-arms for the wildcat? i have the same issue with my wifes trail. broke in the same place. i would love to have something stronger. any suggestions?
Weld on beef up plates like I did. It was cheap and easy and there is no way those are breaking like that again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tanker, I think you should start producing those, I'll take some....:)
I wish I could but I designed them at work during break so I dont think I am allowed to produce them myself, theres some weird rules for Engineering intellectual property. Im suprised there isn't any bigger aftermarket manufacturer making weld-ins for machines, not just ours but all machines. I had my front frame tabs break off and I made myself a little weld in gusset set based off the SATV one and it worked great. With those two issues resolved I should be good for a while now or at least until my rear uppers break. And for those it will just be the same gusset as I did on the rear lowers since its the same width. I will probably just do those anyways to make sure they arent an issue in the future. Or I can just nut up and buy the sport conversion...

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I broke mine the same way at the HMT's. A friend we know there welded them and they are holding great. We rode hard the whole next day and didn't have a problem.

control arm.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts
Rear arms

Well I sent it too hard this weekend and broke my right rear lower arm tabs off at the knuckle. Anybody have any pics of the best way to beef these up?
I keep calling super atv and they stated if there was enough people that have need for beefier ones then they will build them, I broke the passenger side last year and the drivers side about a month ago and at $180+ shipping it's getting expensive...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have always wondered why they don't make high clearance rear arms for the trail only fronts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts