Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you bent a tie rod dont lock it the front axle, and stand down on the throttle in low.

The tie rod was bent from hitting a stump early in the day no big deal.. but i was in the mud stuck and i locked the front end and had the wheel crack all the way too the left and the tie rod went from bent, too folded in half and the wheel turned about 70 degrees the the arm and grenaded the CV..

277.00 for the axle, factory direct. it wont even ship for a week..... GAY

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
dang, i gotta slow down

Reactions: schultz77

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Was There A Reason For Cranking The Wheels Sharp In Dif Lock
I Use Dif Loc As Much As I Do In Just 4 Have Never Broke A Axle & I Have 28mst On My 10 700s With Power Steering
28 mst On My 08 650 & Never Broke An Axle & Have Had My WC In Lock With NP
Key To This Watch The Gas:cool:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Sorry to hear .. I think ill make some heavy duty tie rods

What you really need to make is a RADAR collision avoidance system. These guys keep hitting stuff and wondering why things break.

LOL

Reactions: Dentless

·
Registered
686 Posts
when you go to swap that axle out, be sure you read the directions inside the box that tell you how to remove the axle. the wildcat axles do not remove like a normal axle. read the instrucions first or you may be buying another axle to replace the one you beat on and tore up for no reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its started snowing, so i took the shaft out and left the cv ends in and striaghtend the tie rod.... couldnt help myself.....

Oh thanks for the info on changing the axle..... I notice the CV on the Diff side doesnt want to come out, but in wanted it to stay on for now.... just took out he shaft...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts