Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post ;-(

Has anyone seen anything like this? I didn’t even feel it break? My Mechanic seems to think it was the locking DIff? Is there an aftermarket solution or something stronger?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface Gas

·
Administrator
28,097 Posts
Welcome daranello. OUCH!!! Never saw anything like that. Any chance you have an extended warranty?

·
Administrator
28,097 Posts
Did you buy it new, or used? If you bought it new, no warranty left? If you bought it used, you could try to run it by your local dealer, and see if they could in a claim. Worse they can say is no.

·
Administrator
28,097 Posts
used 2019 with 2000km… didn’t try the dealer, I mean the warranty is only 6 months
Yes, I know. However, that's a catastrophic failure. Which is rare. Unless you did something while driving (and I'm not saying you did), it could have been a casting issue that went? Not sure.

You already have the diff out. I would still bring it to a dealer you know, and ask if they've ever seen a failure like this, and could put in a claim.

Reactions: daranello

·
Registered
2021 XX
24 Posts
It appears you snapped the RH front axle and I would guess it flailed around within the outer end of the housing for a second before things gave way? I piled up an outer CV on a different machine several years ago. It bound up and broke the front diff housing mount off. It did a lot of damage for something that just sounded like a quick pop!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It appears you snapped the RH front axle and I would guess it flailed around within the outer end of the housing for a second before things gave way? I piled up an outer CV on a different machine several years ago. It bound up and broke the front diff housing mount off. It did a lot of damage for something that just sounded like a quick pop!
Yes 100% that’s exactly how I felt just a pop

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Yep..... I have seen this on happen to a RZR a couple times! Gotta let up on the skinny peddle with the front end in the air!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
That was sure not the issue in my case as it was on my farm machine, a RTV X1120 Diesel so tough to get air time :ROFLMAO:
Lol....yeah those are not speed racers for sure! Definitely was what caused the ones I have seen. Shock loading the front from "rock bouncing". Must have been the perfect storm in your case for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,097 Posts
Not sure how that would help the front diff?
Dissipates or absorbs some of the shock from the hit. It would work with smaller hits, but I have my doubts with big hits.

Setting up the suspension to be a little more firmer would help too. Once you blow through the shock stroke, there's nothing left except frame / skids.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dissipates or absorbs some of the shock from the hit. It would work with smaller hits, but I have my doubts with big hits.

Setting up the suspension to be a little more firmer would help too. Once you blow through the shock stroke, there's nothing left except frame / skids.
Still confused how a rubber stopper on the rear would effect the front, 99% of the time when the front diff explodes it’s from landing with the brakes on or landing with the throttle pegged… believe me I know I race short course…just trying to wrap my head around the theory of a stopper on the year helps the front…. Please explain.

·
Administrator
28,097 Posts
Still confused how a rubber stopper on the rear would effect the front, 99% of the time when the front diff explodes it’s from landing with the brakes on or landing with the throttle pegged… believe me I know I race short course…just trying to wrap my head around the theory of a stopper on the year helps the front…. Please explain.
I believe boondogger thought the diff was a rear, not a front? I think there is enough room to slide padding under either, but I think he thought that was a rear diff. I could be wrong, won't be the first time, LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe boondogger thought the diff was a rear, not a front? I think there is enough room to slide padding under either, but I think he thought that was a rear diff. I could be wrong, won't be the first time, LOL.
Lol I was wondering. Front is pretty thin to slide any in, believe me I’m an expert on changing front diffs and I can rebuild one with my eyes closed…. First year growing pains lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts